Hello! I love the concept of this forum ^_^ Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Alisa, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Alisa

Alisa New Member

Name:
    Alisa

Hello! I love the concept of this forum ^_^

Hi, my name is Alisa and I've joined because I was searching high-and-low for a breed-specific forum for Dalmatians, and all of the ones I found were inactive. Reading the "Welcome" announcement here, it sounds like that's exactly why this forum exists!

I am the proud owner of Prinna, my companion Dalmatian going on 4 months old. I will share more photos of her soon, too! I have so many questions about the breed's history and current status, and don't want to talk the breeder's ear off too much, so Breedia should be the perfect outlet. :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Alisa likes this.
    Hi Alisa & welcome, I'm new to the group and I have already had some great advice. I'm still getting to grips ' posting ' on here, let's see how this goes out to you, it's the + quote/ - quote that isn't too clear to me
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Alisa and My bear Yoji like this.
    Hi Alisa and Prinna - welcome to Breedia from little Tikva and me! :039: I do not know anything about Dalmations but am sure there are experienced Breedia members who will be able to answer all your questions.

Hello Philippa - the + quote/ - quote is quite simple. Had I wanted to reply to either Alisa or yourself individually, I would just have clicked on the Reply button. That would have quoted just the posts I was responding to.

As I wanted to answer both of your posts in one message, I clicked the + Quote on both, and a message came up asking if I wanted to quote both messages as that button is for multiple quotes. The - Quote only comes up if I had wanted to cancel either one of them.

To check that you have quoted and answered correctly, just click on More Options and then on Preview. Once you are satisfied that the Preview is as you want it, just click on Reply to Thread. If you just want to reply to someone without quoting their post, type @ and then their user name before you reply, so @Alisa and @My bear Yoji will show in red and an Alert will show up that their name had been mentioned/responded to.

I hope that makes sense to you so that you know what to do in future.

Malka :)
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Alisa likes this.
    Hello Alisa - a big welcome to you and Prinna. I've never had a Dalmation, though I've met lots on dog walks. My friend had one which seemed to be forever digging - I don't know if that is a breed characteristic or just her!
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Alisa likes this.
    Welcome to the forum.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Alisa like this.
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am glad you asked this question. Been here for years and usually ignore those buttons. Mind you, I did spend an hour this morning looking for my glasses. OH joined in, and eventually spotted them - tucked in the neck of my sweatshirt. So I am a bit dippy.
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I find most missing things in the dog bed. Can't remember any glasses there, but on two occasions my husband's hearing aids have ended up there!
  9. Alisa

Alisa New Member

Name:
    Alisa
    My bear Yoji and Malka like this.
    This is a different forum format than I've ever used before, so I'm trying to play with the +/- quote button now! :D

Good advice, I don't think I would have figured that out for a loooong time! With your help I think I made it work!

I thought that my parents' dog was teaching Prinna to dig, but she sure does love it...it makes sense that maybe she was born to dig holes! :lol:

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And you have succeeded! :023:

I am glad my explanation made sense! :D

The Multi-Quote option is, as you have just discovered, a very easy way of answering a number of people in one message, and I have found that the format of this forum is just about the easiest one I have every come across.

And as you started this in an Introduction section, I can now officially say

11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Deleted as the post was duplicated. Oops.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Ive been here quite a while and still cant get my head around multiple quotes :017:
  13. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Great advice Gsdslave, thanks for that, I'll keep practicing
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Vee - just follow the instructions I gave in my Message # 3 where I greeted Alisa and then gave told Philippa how to do multiple quotes. It is actually quite logical and if I can do it, as computer illiterate as I am, then I am sure you can! ;)
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka you have tried before to explain to me very clearly what to do, but it just doesn't happen so i gave up trying x
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I still can't do links, - and Malka has told me how to do it. I write them out by hand, then type them in. I am always relieved when they turn red when I press Post Reply.
  17. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    @GsdSlave
  18. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Ha, I think I did it. I was hoping it didn't reply with a quote, so I typed @GsdSlave, let's see what happens. Sorry for practicing on you !
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    When you click on the + Quote button do you get a drop-down thing at the top of the page saying "Message added to multi-quote."? And then when you click on the message pane to answer, do you see a grey button saying "Insert Quotes..."? Because if you do, when you click on "Insert Quotes..." they should all appear in the message pane.

You can then just answer below each one you are quoting.

I am using Windows 10 but when I first joined Dogsey and then Breedia I was using Windows XP and then Windows 7. I have even tried it getting on to Breedia by Chrome and it works all the time, so I honestly do not know what to suggest to you now. Sorry :(

When you say links, do you mean links to insert a picture, a link to another site, or a link to media? Because the icons you would use for those are the ones to the right of the Smilies icon. And if you hover over then they say what they are for so you just need to click on them.

Honestly Vee and Carole, I do not know how else I can help you as I really have explained as best I can, including opening Breedia in another tab to make sure I am giving the correct information. I mean if it did not work then how come I can do it? :confused:
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I meant links to another website. I think my brain has become full up. I think it would be good to have this info on a Sticky though.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hovering over all the little icons will tell you what they are for. So, click on the icon with the sideways double link, seventh from the left [the first one being the B for Bold] - it will say "Link" and when clicked on it will show a box for the URL of the website.

Copy and paste in the URL of the link to the website you want and then click on the red button that says "Insert".

As an example, if I want to link to link to the BARF guide on Dogsey I will insert the URL

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=137215

and it should come straight up. To check that it does I always preview first before posting the reply.