Chico's Treasure! General Chat

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by Janet, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Chico's Treasure!

Chico came in from the garden proudly carrying something, and quickly disappeared behind the settee when he saw me approach to see what he'd found. I thought it was some sort of long-dead creature, as it looked a bit hairy.

After a bit of negotiation with a biscuit, he finally handed it over. It turned out to be a vomited-up sock, courtesy of Pepe, and the 'hair' was lots of dried grass cuttings stuck to it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Janet like this.
    Yuk! They really are disgusting at times.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    Ahh - or should that be euch? At least Chico gave it up - Thing here even refuses swapsies if it is something she refuses to give up.

She is currently in possession of about 2cm of the end a long chewed and no longer wanted, erm, chew - but will she let me have it? The little booga even has it in her mouth when she goes out for a p&p - says it is hers so getta daway or I will BITE you.

Don't you just love these dogs of ours? xx
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    Chico's vomited-up sock is nothing compared with what my previous dogs have brought in. You'd probably rather not know.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I can still remember Bogie and the maggots ......
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I'm trying to forget.....

And what Jessie and Gertie brought in.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Janet likes this.
    Naughty mum taking away his treasure.

One of my Gsd’s favourite was to pinch baby’s soiled ‘Bibs,and rip them up, usually they came out his back-end .
    Worst thing ever was when Ninja was a puppy and found his way into a pile of rotting grass, his tummy was like a balloon so i gave him some salt, i cannot explain how foul the smell was when it was coming out both ends. Yuk!
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Janet likes this.
    One day, back in the Golden Retriever era, Merlin gulped down a large string floorcloth. First aid treatment in those days was to push down a piece of washing soda, about the size of a marble, which I did, but nothing happened.
    We decided on a quick ring round, (no car and no Google in those days), which produced the suggestion of mixing cooking salt and powdered mustard, making it into a paste, and spooning it down his throat. I expected a struggle, but Merlin gobbled half a cupful down as willingly as if he was being treated to a dessert. Thankfully, this time he did produce the cloth, and I seem to remember there were no lasting effects.
    NB. I am definitely not recommending this method of making a dog sick, and nowadays we would be straight down to the vet.

Another time Merlin and his sister Samantha managed to chew the corner off a sack of dried meat, and eat their fill. (It was on a shelf above their heads - I thought it was out of reach). I was told to restrict their water intake to limit the possibility of the meat swelling in their stomachs. It happened to rain heavily that day, and I will always remember them going for their walk, pulling like trains, with their tongues were dragging along the wet pavement.
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Why do we put up with them?!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Because we love them more than we hate them - although of course we do not hate them, we just love them and put up with their 'orrid 'abits!

And we forgive them everything.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    The good times outway the bad, and yes we love them dirty habits an all.