Lagotto Romangnolo - any & all info welcome Questions

Discussion in 'Lagotto Romagnolo' started by Mindy Phillips, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Mindy Phillips

Mindy Phillips New Member

Name:
    Mindy

Lagotto Romangnolo - any & all info welcome

Thinking about a Lagotto for companionship & agility. All input re this breed welcome
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Mmmmmm ' search engine ' here I come. I'll be following this message with interest as I have no clue what your chosen breed is. All I can add is - exciting times ! Enjoy it
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Never met one, but if they are as similar to Poodles as they look, I imagine they will be perfect for agility etc.

I hope it all works out for you and I look forward to meeting the new member of your family!
  5. suey

suey New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Would love one of those I should imagine quite hard to get saw them at Crufts and fell in love ...lucky you
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have known Lagottos which competed in KC Working Trials, and Freestyle Heelwork to Music. With their background as working Gundogs, they should have the genes for biddability, and have the potential for having a decent retrieve. They also have a nice compact, balanced conformation, so I can't see any reason why they shouldn't do well in Agility. The only drawback would be that ones which measured over 17 inches would have to compete as large dogs. Perhaps go for a small bitch?
  7. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson New Member

Name:
    Mark
    CaroleC likes this.
    Good day. New here but I am a breeder of Lagotto and would be happy to field questions on my experience with the breed. We run just a small kennel in a family home but believe in full health testing (as there are issues with every breed), we show for conformation and we are careful about the genetics of our pairings for the lagotto is still a fairly small gene pool - though it is growing.

Here is a short clip of one of our recent litters: