Akita Puppy (Kenzan) 2 Months Discussions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Gavin Otero, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Gavin Otero

Gavin Otero New Member

Name:
    GavAsh

Akita Puppy (Kenzan) 2 Months

Hello Everybody, I'm new to this and wanted to get out in the Akita world a little bit more. We recently purchased a puppy Akita. She is the cutest thing ever! We didn't want to go the puppy mill route but she really is the cutest puppy I've ever seen in my life. The breeder we got her from didn't have any dogs except for the father and the mother and they were kept in a nice area. Now to people who own an Akita what do you think of the puppy? How big do you think she will get? I have a picture of her mother (black) and father (grayish tan)

Thanks!

IMG_0150(1).JPG 20170804_205101.jpg PAC14-618_1.1499698679.78-2040242006.jpg PAC14-618_2.1499698692.12-1587077394.jpg PAC14-625_2.1499698662.63-1267621896.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Gavin Otero

Gavin Otero New Member

Name:
    GavAsh
    Also I would like to know if she is a pure bred Akita or an Akita Inu?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Gavin Otero likes this.
    I am sorry but I cannot help you - but your pup is very cute and I want to cuddle her.
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Gavin Otero likes this.
    How cute is she ! My husband tells me she is definitely not an a Shiba Inu and he feels that the mother is a Japanese Akita and the father an American Akita. I hope you have lots of fun with her and keep us updated with your progress. I remember ours was so tiny when we got him, he's 7 month now and wow has he grown !
  6. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Akita Inus are a pure/pedigree breed. They are also called Japanese Akitas and are very distinctive looking. They are different to American Akitas and relatively easy to tell apart.
    Yours is an American Akita.
  7. Gavin Otero

Gavin Otero New Member

Name:
    GavAsh
    Thank you! I was curious because I see so many fluffy Akitas & She is fluffy but not as fluffy
  8. Gavin Otero

Gavin Otero New Member

Name:
    GavAsh
    So what do you think about her parents? Are they both American Akitas also? Is there going to be a big change in her while growing up? I feel as though that she will be as big as her mother
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    The Akita is known as the American Akita. The Akita Inu is known as the Japanese Akita.
    Though a bit fine boned she looks like an Akita , from the picture the mother doesn’t look like a pure Inu, could be mixed lines, or poor breeding, the sire looks Akita but is also fine boned.
    Did you get a pedigree ?
  10. Gavin Otero

Gavin Otero New Member

Name:
    GavAsh
    No I didn't get a pedigree, just really wanted an Akita so we got the cutest one we came across. I'm hoping she comes out looking like her mother of some sort. She is fine boned but she's gaining some weight and getting bigger. Definitely our next one we will do our research and get one from strictly an Akita breeder.
  11. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    "Inu" just means "dog".

And that is one hell of a cute Inu :)
  12. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello,
    I need this puppa in my life. Fight down the puppy broodiness don't let it get to you Jane.
    (talking to myself lol)
    Jane
    xx