French bull dog General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Colin johnson, Aug 9, 2017.

?

French bulldog

1. Is it in the genes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Or not a problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Colin johnson

Colin johnson New Member

Name:
    Kingcol1981

French bull dog

Hi....ive just been to see a French bull dog puppy that I may purchase....i just want to ask for some info if anyone has any....the dog had a litter of 6 and 1 had cleft pallet and one died with mucus on his chest....should I be worried if I got this dog to maybe have a litter further down the line with her will pups likely suffer with this ?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Colin johnson

Colin johnson New Member

Name:
    Kingcol1981
    Can anyone help please
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    All I can say is that if you breed from a bitch that comes from a faulty bitch, you will just produce more faulty puppies.

Six puppies, one with a cleft and one died with mucus on his chest, and you wonder if more "might be down the line"?

Simple answer.

Yes.
  5. Colin johnson

Colin johnson New Member

Name:
    Kingcol1981
    So does that sound like a faulty bitch if the she had a pup with a cleft pallet? Or can that happen in any litter ?
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Malka and Chris B like this.
    There is no conclusive evidence either way, however, most good breeders would not repeat a mating if it has resulted in sick puppies.

There are of course other factors, and breeding (properly) is not easy, hence I would not recommended it to anyone other those who have put the work into study and research and are being mentored by an esteemed person within their breed of choice.
  7. Colin johnson

Colin johnson New Member

Name:
    Kingcol1981
    Thanks for your help....im sure to have more questions at some point
  8. Jonny Zone

Jonny Zone New Member

Name:
    Jonny Zone
    how much are the pups?... if they are a bit faulty can you ask for some kind of a discount from the breeder... it might be worth getting 2 incase one does die. i did something similar with a couple of bull dogs I bought on line.. I think the important thing is that your didn't feel out of pocket
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    "A bit faulty" - feeling "out of pocket" if by buying two in case one dies? Ask for a discount?

Breeding from a bitch from a faulty dam is not a matter of money. It is just bdooly stupid and very very wrong.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Malka like this.
    Sorry Jonny, but this is an ethical site. These are living animals, not second hand cars. I really cannot approve of the 'in case one dies', comment. Far better to buy one sound, typical puppy from a caring breeder who health tests their stock. If cash is king, it should work out cheaper than buying two inferior backyard specimens too.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Cant believe i am reading this :eek:
    I find it really sad that monetary matters concern you more than a pup’s welfare.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Carole and Vee - I was desperately trying to be polite, just as I was - I hope - in my response to the OP.

But just to think of breeding for money made and still makes me feel sick. I do not think I made one penny from any of my Griffons but I had the gratification that they were all 100% healthy. Plus I had just about the most wonderful mentor who taught me everything I needed I needed to know.
  13. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    'In case one dies' -I wondered if the comments were a wind-up?
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You could be right Janet. We don't have many trolls, but this could be one.
  15. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Hello,
    Just reading this comment saddens me deeply. This is pure evidence that some people think that dogs are toys to be played around with. Does it not matter to you whether these pups were bred for money with unhealthy parents? How much you pay for the puppy does not matter, if it was free I don't think anyone who truly cares and knows about ill pups would buy them. Getting two incase one dies! I think if you cannot be someone to give proper advice then maybe you shouldn't be on Breedia. This site rarely comes across trolls. I'm astounded. I hope this doesn't come across mean, I am just so shocked and upset!
    Jane
    Xx