She does not look like a puppy anymore :-( General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

She does not look like a puppy anymore :-(

So Tikva still behaves like a puppy at time - frequently - but she has lost that puppy face :(

Nah, I love her little face and she is as cute as ever, and I still call her my puppy. Because she still is, in my mind. But she is, sometimes, beginning to behave like a grown up dog. Sometimes.

So I just wondered when everyone, anyone, realised that their puppy had grown up? Because it seemed to have happened overnight with Tikki. Lexi was old beyond her years, and Pereg? Pereg was Pereg and had more than enough problems, and Tikva is something different.

She is good. 99.9% of the time. She is cute [so Ram says!] and she is a very active little booga when she is not dozing or asleep. But she now looks so grown up at times and I just wonder where the last couple of years have gone.

Did I really bring home a tiny unweaned pup and have to bottle-feed her? Not that I wanted to but it was "take her now" with the unspoken "or else". The little shrimp who got stuck under the refrigerator/freezer a number of times, screamed to be let out... who made me tear off the kick plate and attempt to block all access... who once disappeared, screaming, and somehow had gotten outside when the door is opened and kept crying to be let in when I did not know where she was... who fought because I tried to put a sweater on her when it was cold... the sweater not lasting long.

Funny little Tikva. Strange little Tikva. But oh how I love her.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Aww bless, you really do love her. I thought the same about my Lulu Dog. She still thought she was a puppy most days and that she weighed almost nothing. Sitting on my lap and not realising how much she has grown until I looked back on old photos when she was just the size of one of my trainers. It happens so fast but you don't realise it at the time!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My two are eight and nine years old, but I still say, 'Come on Puppy', and sing them silly made up songs about Puppy Mewwy Moo-moo and Puppy Eddie Poo. It doesn't matter that they now have grey faces, I'm their Mummy and they are my family. Not very professional is it?
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Its unconditional love and that's all that matters.
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Mr Bronson is outgrowing his bed and starting to feel really heavy if I hold him too long, so he's definitely getting bigger!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Songs? I always sing to Tikki, just as I did with Lexi and Pereg. Mostly variations of nursery rhymes but also made-up words to just about anything and everything.

Rockabye baby on the treetop
    Don't worry Lexi
    I won't let you drop

And I wrote poetry for them. I have a folder on my computer with most of the poems and sometimes I open it, and shortly, when I go in to wake Tikva I will sing

Good morning, good morning
    How goes the world with you
    Good morning, good morning
    To you

Why? Well why not?
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    I'm backing out of the room quietly and not making eye contact...
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Janet like this.
    Are you insinuating that you do not like my singing? Or are you insinuating that, umm, I am a bit...
    [​IMG]
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    I'm saying nothing without my Solicitor present.
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    I sing something similar to Mr Bronson in the morning.
    'Good morning Mr Bronson, how are you today' (in my silly voice!)
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Because I am up earlier than Tikva, unless she eeps to go out, I start "singing" before I go in and switch the bedroom light on so I do not startle her.

I am sure she knows when I get up - at least I think she does.