Waking her up to go to bed! General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Waking her up to go to bed!

Tikva has her evening meal anywhere between 8 - 8.30pm. She then goes out to check her pee mail and deposit her own offerings, comes in and zonks in the igloo she has made on the couch. And usually she will go out for a bark at a something invisible, have another check in case there is any new pee mail, and do whatever she wants or needs.

Then it is in, re-make her igloo, and zonk again.

Until it really is bedtime for her although not for me - and every evening I have to wake her and tell her to go out for a final pee - which she does - then unclip her tether and get her little bikki on the way into the bedroom, where she is waiting on my bed. And we have our night performance of twirlies until I open her crate and in she hope, waiting for her bikki. Close the crate, switch the light off, and silence from Tikki until the morning.

So why do I feel guilty about waking her up to go to bed each evening? Not that she objects, but then I suppose it is routine for her.

Strange little Tikki!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I can completely sympathise with that. Normally after being comfy for hours on the sofa with Bronson, it gets to that stage of the night where i need to go to bed (after putting it off for at least an hour longer than i should). My routine goes something like this... Waking him, I stand up as he tries to lay back down, then i have to pick him up, put him on the floor and let him come round and get his bearings, let him out to do his business and wait til he waddles into bed, say goodnight and turn out the light.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, mine sleep in their daybeds all evening, wake at 10.15 for supper, then go straight back to sleep again. I have to wake them for a last wee, and to put them in their own bedroom for the night. As Merry has slight spay incontinence, Chas gets up at 3.45am to give her the chance of staying dry, a favour which is not appreciated by Merry. Eddie just opens one eye but doesn't move. How do they manage to sleep so much?
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    The thought of Mr B waddling to bed makes me smile! Tikva does not waddle she flies off the couch waiting for me to unclip her tether, rolling onto her back and mouthing my hands as I try to do so, doing her Tikki giggle, then flies off again and rushes at full tilt, skidding everywhere in the process of navigating through a 90° turn and a flying leap onto the bed.

I am sure she thinks she has wings! Or is like Zebedee with springs instead of feet!
    Poor Chas - getting up in the night so Merry can go out and pee is not fun and I can emphasize with him because of Pereg's nocturnal "gotta pee" frequency. At least Tikki can, if she is desperate, pee in the non-sleeping part of her crate as I line the crate with a puppy pad, although I cannot remember what she did during the winter when it is raining...

...and we have just had our first rain [yippee :026: so the yard is wet and muddy and I will shortly have to wake the little zonker up to go out at gone 9am!