7 wk old w/uti.... Questions

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Momto2Rotts, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so happy now! Such a big girl [but then any wubble bigger then mine is big!]

Stay with us Kim - Breedia is a really special forum.

Oh, and I really do like your spectacle frames!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Thank you Malka! It's been a much better day already! She's not been whimpering anymore which makes me so happy. :) Oh and thank you about my glasses. Although "spectacles" does sound a bit fancier for them. hehe.
  4. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    So glad it all worked out. It's upsetting wht couldn't get medical treatment before due to clueless vets, but happy for you and your baby. Hope you stick around and post plenty of pics as she grows.
  5. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Hi, thank you! She's doing really well now. She did end up on 14 days of antibiotics but was feeling much better by the 2nd day thank goodness! I was so sad for her feeling bad. I kept giving her the meds though till the end because I wanted that thing gone all the way!

She's doing great now and getting big fast! She's learning her commands well and is 10 weeks old now. I'm looking around for classes for her now for when she's a bit older. I took my older boy through the CGC class and really liked it but it's $300 now so don't think ill be doing that one! Lol.

Anyway, thank you for checking on us. We're doing great and love this baby girl so much and so does our 10 yr old Rottie boy. They play like puppies every day, its so cute & makes me happy to see both of them so happy. Oh, and of course I have a picture or 2 or 3 I can share. Lol! 20171202_061112.jpg
    20171128_202841.jpg
    20171129_093354.jpg

20171202_061715.jpg
  6. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Also wanted to add how cute it is to see 2 Rottie butts watching over the property. Haha. Samson, the oldest, had heard some rustling in the woods so he went to stand on the deck and check it out and Skye was right there with him listening and watching him like "Ok what are we doing? What are we looking at?" Of course 20171130_102424.jpg I didn't have my camera ready when they were both in full guard dog stance but it was really cute. I love how she's learning so much from him as well as us.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So sweet, she is lovely. Thanks for posting, and I'm so glad that all ended well.
  8. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    So glad you hear what a sweet girl and your boy is handsome. Have to agree so cute, the 2 of them looking out. He's kind of got a diamond on his butt (like my dog did) and she has a spade. Their own unique marking even though they are the same color.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so glad your gorgeous bubba is now better - you did the correct thing in giving her the full course of antibiotics, which should not only have completely cleared up the infection but ensured that it would not re-occur.

Skye is totally adorable :049: :049: :049: and Samson is extremely handsome :052: - that picture of the two of them in the kennel together is just so incredibly sweet! :007:

Please keep posting pictures of them both! :)
  10. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    I got this picture of them today & I thought it was so cute! 20171205_134535.jpg Samson is 10 years old and Skye is now 10 weeks old. My 2 sweet Fur babies ! ❤❤
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Awww - lovely picture, thank you Kim! Samson is really looking after his bubba and it is obvious that she loves him! :049: :049: :049:
  12. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    Yes he's doing so good with her. But we knew he would because in his 10 years we've brought in over 50 baby chicks that grew to chickens, we've reacued baby kitties and other dogs and puppies. We live in the country so sadly ppl dump animals at our little farm . He's found baby birds that have fallen out of the nest and he's been by the side of our special needs son since age 9 and my grandbabies since being newborns so we knew he loves all creatures great and small. Of course there's still some training that horas into it all like mostly making sure he never feels his been replaced. We give him treats and extra love all the time since she's getting so many treats. Like potty treats, getting down treats, no biting treats, etc. Lol. Can't let her get them all or he might resent the pup so that's what we've done and it always seems to work great. Now we're training her to the chickens too! 20171103_160425.jpg
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Little podgkin puppa botty! Not too many treats, I hope Kim, as you do not want Skye to end up as a total podgkin! I never used treats for training, not that Tikva knows what 'training' is - she has the Doxie trait of being a bit difficult to train but she does do - mostly - what I ask of her. And her recall is 100% spot on so I am not complaining.

She has one, small, special bikki for going to bed at night, and does twirlies [and more twirlies] until I open her crate so she can hop in and get her bikki. In the morning, after she has gone out for a p&p she has a small chew while I get myself washed and dressed, and that is all until her bone breakfast.

As and when I go out to go over the road to the macolet I get five or six very small treats - open the door, go out, and before I close the door it is "ana one, ana two, ana three, an' there you go!" - throw them in and close the door. She gets on the couch when she sees me get ready and does not move from the couch until the door is closed. As I have to turn round once I am through the door in order to close it, she just waits, but once the door is closed it is hunt-the-treat time!

I used to use tiny bikkis but now get quality treats from the US because they state exactly what they contain, and the current ones in her treats jar are small pieces of beef jerky.

Having had so much trouble trying to stop Pereg gaining weight due to her medication etc, and knowing that Tikva is half Doxie - a breed known to gain weight if their diet is not strictly controlled, I am doing my utmost to keep Tikki at a good weight. According to her card she was 6.5kg in June and September, and Ram will weigh her again when he comes at the end of this month for her Parkworm shot [the amount of which has to go by her weight].

Samson sounds like a real treasure, accepting all the little rescues and looking after your son and your grandbabbies - well done to him and well done to you for having installed such a good nature in him. :023:
  14. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Hi Malka. Not to worry, it's just during training sessions really and a few here and there throughout the day but mostly it's lots of excited praise and tummy rubs. She loves them! Lol.

I buy thin sliced low sodium turkey or chicken from the deli and tear off the trendiest pieces, like a piece of rice size, to treat her with. A bit bigger for Samson of course but he's just getting some here and there for just being good. Ha. When I'm training her I put him in his kennel, much easier that way.