Are they Purebred? Questions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Michelle Peterson, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Michelle Peterson

Michelle Peterson New Member

Name:
    Michelle

Are they Purebred?

I saw an add to buy a husky, and the woman sent me pictures, but now I'm not sure if they are purebred. The eyes are blue but the facial features looks odd? Please help.

I'm seeing her tomorrow about the puppies. Below are the pictures she sent. IMG_8687.JPG IMG_8685.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Questions to ask the 'breeder'

1 - Is the woman a registered Husky breeder.

2 - Were both dam and sire tested for all possible faults in the breed before the mating.

3 - Are both dam and sire registered as purebred Huskies with whatever official Kennel Club in your Country?

4 - Is the 'breeder' prepared to give full registration certificates for both dam and sire, plus a minimum 5 generation registered pedigree which can be checked with both the official KC plus any and all Husky breeders associations.

There are many other questions that you need to get 100% guaranteed answers to the above before you buy a puppy on the word of someone who advertises puppies online and just send photographs of them. She could very well be a byb or run a puppy farm/mill for breeds that are currently in fashion.

Blue eyes do not mean the puppy is a Husky and I would not just take the online word [and photographs] from someone who just advertises Husky [or any breed] online for sale.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You really need to trust your breeder - a puppy purchase should be the start of a relationship, not a one-off deal.
    Husky parents should be hip scored and eye tested before mating. The reasons why this is recommended can be explored on the website of The Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain.
    All pedigree puppies should be fully registered with their national kennel club - if this puppy is not registered, ask yourself why the breeder would not want to add value by doing this.
    I am not a Husky expert - I do hope someone will come along who is - but I agree that this puppy does not have a typical appearance. I would be inclined to 'get your eye in' by Googling a lot of Husky puppy photos, - and then follow your gut feeling. There are a lot of caring and reputable Husky breeders, so no need to have to take a chance.
  5. Markie Paige

Markie Paige New Member

Name:
    Markie Paige
    It's a husky. What your husky has is what's called a " Dirty Face Siberian". The way it's acting in the photo also points all husky to me they love to try and climb up arms. All tho that could be all puppies lol
    Anyway the mask will give it a "wolf like" appearance which is really awesome.
    Just make sure you are mentally prepared.
    I have questions for you.
    Is this your first husky?
    Do you have a lot of patience?
    You have plenty of time to train?
    You willing to give your husky a job?
    And
    How much have you read about this breed??
  6. Markie Paige

Markie Paige New Member

Name:
    Markie Paige
    Here are some images of a Dirty Face Siberian. If I had to bet. One of those parents are Agouti or have Agouti in there pedigree. My guess is on one of the parents are Agouti. :)

Attached Files:

7. Markie Paige

Markie Paige New Member

Name:
    Markie Paige
    Jcarpentier and Malka like this.
    I have one more question why this breed?? What is your main reason for getting one??
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Fashion? Something to do with a Netflix series? I do not now as I can not get Nexflix but I keep reading about Huskies and Sibes being the "in" fashion now due to breeds that are now "in fashion" due to series on that channel.

I might be wrong because I do not know that those series are about, but I have read enough about Huskies and Sibes being dumped into shelters to understand that far too many are bought for looks, for fashion, and then dumped because they are difficult to look after according to the breed.

So why?
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Was it the television "Game of Thrones"?
  10. Markie Paige

Markie Paige New Member

Name:
    Markie Paige
    They become a pain around 8 months then people get read of them because they aren't the new cuddle puppy anymore. Once they start growing up they don't want really anything to do with their owner to much. They are very independent and if your not a confident person they walk all over you. They also don't care about what you have to say which is sometimes really annoying. If you use to many treats to teach they will ignore your command unless you have a treat. I mean completely ignore it. They are like that for about a year. From 1 year to 2 they are a pain. Then two hits and they do whatever you want for the most part. People just don't want to wait them out they rather give them up instead of taking their time with them to get them trained. People also make the mistake of thinking they are like every other breed out there and they are completely different. You usually have to rewire your brain with training one of them because they aren't easy and will test every boundary out there.
  11. Markie Paige

Markie Paige New Member

Name:
    Markie Paige
    Yes it might be. I've never seen it but they use a wolf hybrid on the series but it looks similar to a husky. I get the confusion.
    Huskies have always been a hot commodity because they look super sweet and people actually believe that. They are not a dog for just anybody. They love to test boundaries sometimes it's like they are deaf. My eight month old is at pain stage lol he will literally just sit there.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    In the Game of Thrones they are called Direwolves but they are in fact Northern Inuit Dogs, no wolf breeding involved.(Gsd/Husky and malamute .
    They were originally bred to look like wolves, but very view does.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know Vee - just what I have read in online newspapers.

But I also remember seeing stories about these NI dogs being a possible cause of being the "in" dog due to that programme.
  14. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    CaroleC likes this.
    I remember when my White Sibe was like 2 years old, that movie "Bolt" came out. I couldn't walk down the street with her without kids running up and hugging her calling her bolt, it was lucky that she loved babies and children. Then after Game of Thrones came out I would cause more cars slowing down and looking at her than if I was a hot chick with a J-lo butt.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It would be good to know what the OP decided to do, but this seems to be yet another one post wonder.
    Oh well, it gives us something to talk about, and I do learn a lot about other folks breeds and methods.