Raw Chicken Risk to Dogs? Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by CaroleC, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not think I ever said that - Lexi was fed on a complete kibble from the day I brought her home and I had been warned when her second dentition started that her teeth were not good, and to brush them regularly.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Just to point out that bad teeth are not always a result of poor diet.
    I once bought in a beautiful Cavalier bitch, (Megan), who when she came to teethe, had brown and pitted permanent teeth. She was classed as a, 'primary vaccination failure', who must have suffered a silent attack of distemper. Eventually, most of her teeth had to be extracted. I did consider legal action, but was advised that the vaccine had served it's stated purpose and had protected my puppy's life. Also, their guns were bigger than my guns.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Quote I supposed I am so used to it that I probably do believe it is better - I know that even top quality kibble was not good for Pereg. And I do like to know what goes into my girls stomach.
    I like no pongy burps. No pongy poos. And not having to brush teeth every other day as I had to with Lexi who still ended up having to have so many teeth extracted. Actually Pereg never needed her teeth brushing once on raw, and Tikva has never needed hers brushed although Ram does check them when he is here.

Not in exact words, but ‘out of context’ as you didn’t give the real reason why she had bad teeth.
    And it gave the impression it was down to complete feed.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure why I have to explain why I feed raw - there must be other raw feeders on Breedia, And I got most of the information as to what is needed from @Tarimoor on Dogsey - unfortunately minus the pictures now, but the information is still there.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?p=2108670#post2108670

I am also not sure why I had to explain why Lexi had bad teeth.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    The dog had bad teeth because the dog was prone to bad teeth. Had nothing to do with diet. My Pooks had bad teeth on a "better" diet than our Blue, who has excellent teeth.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Who has asked you to explain why you feed raw?

I didn’t ask you to explain why lexi had bad teeth you did so on your own, I questioned why you implied it to be complete feed on your first post, then a completely different reason on another.