I had been looking for that spanner for hours... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

I had been looking for that spanner for hours...

I took it out of the side bag on my chair as I needed to adjust something and put it on the table next to my keyboard while I left the room for a couple of minutes to go to the loo and when I came back the spanner had gone.

Tikva had pulled her "nest", which had been a beautiful couch throw until she pulled it down and screwed it up, onto the floor, together with most of the contents of her toy box - now strewn all over the place, including the yard - so while she was outside I picked it up to put it back on the couch...

...and found the spanner and a small torch that I keep on the table in case there is a power outage. :rolleyes:

Tikki had just taken them and buried them in her nest! :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    She was only looking after them !
    How funny, did you think you were going “ bonkers “ when the spanner had disappeared?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No - I just thought maybe I had imagined taking it out of the bag, so I checked and no, it was not there. I keep it there together with a folding set of Allen keys which came with Xanadu
    [​IMG]
    the spanner is because I managed to lose one of the adjusting screw thingy which holds the footrest [I was outside and had the hanger on top of the wheelie bin - do not ask] and as Nir was here doing something he produced a bolt the correct size with a nut which needs a spanner, not an Allen key.

And I wanted to adjust the height of the footrest hence getting the spanner out.

Mind you, I never found the small red-handled paring knife but that had probably been wrapped in the newspaper I had been peeling something and chucked in the bin. I never found the very large green knife either and that could not have gone in the bin :102:

However, I did find the spare keyboard set I had mislaid. It was in the cupboard with all my bed linen and towels. I now keep spare sets on top of one of the cupboards in my back room.