The journey of Cash - my Hovawart Photos

Discussion in 'Hovawart' started by Dogloverlou, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Oh Eddie! That sounds like a nightmare of a location though, and at least you had one successful qualification under your belt to ease the horror of it all :)
    I took a back seat training the search square and made it less formal. So I just throw out some articles in a smallish area and ask him to go fetch them. It's brought back a level of fun to our searches.

Thanks both for looking. I just had another look & it comes up as a stakes class which is odd when I enter his registered name.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    E of E

LD (2, 1) 1 Nichol's Bergenhovs Jackpot. This Hovawart was well constructed for 3 yrs 5 mths, had pleasing head with appealing expression which was well balanced and had the required stop, nice clean strong neck, was well balanced throughout with good depth of brisket and length of rib, was well angulated fore and aft, stood on well padded feet, presented an easy fluid stride, in lovely condition.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Wow! Well worth the search @Jackie. Congratulations Lou!
  5. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thank you so much @Jackie. Love that critique, probably one of our best!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Well done @Jackie for searching for the critique, and congratulations to you Lou and to gorgeous Cash!
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Your welcome,you gave me the clue it was in stakes, not AVNSC
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Dogloverlou Our Dogs October 20th. issue will be a Hovawart edition.
    See OD on F'book for advertising details, (if required), otherwise make sure you grab a copy.
  9. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sorry Carole, only just logged on after a month or so!

I was contacted by one of the OD team and initially thought it was for info for the article, but it was only for advertisement space & when asked if they wanted any input they never replied. Seems a shame they don't actually ask the community as a whole to add their own experiences of life with the breed. I assume they only ask club committee members and the like.
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    In other news Cash gained his first title!! :)

PKD-N which stands for Parkour Dog Novice. Still not a well known sport this side of the pond, but a lot of fun and accessible for all without the need to attend weekly classes etc.

We also had our first obedience comp last month which he did better than I expected at and with only a few weeks training under our belt. He seems to enjoy his obedience training.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Well done you two!
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Congratulations to you both!
    [​IMG]
  13. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Long time no see guys! :)

All is well here. Still plodding on with our training although we've shelved the WT training for now. I think it's something I wanted to do potentially more than Cash, and we just can't nail the scale. So we've taken up tracking instead which he seems to really enjoy. Continuing with our obedience training and hope to get out to more comps this year. I also had him temperament tested by the Rottweiler Club who host regular sessions throughout the year at their breed shows. Cash got a grading of excellent and I got some amazing compliments on his behaviour so that was a real nice validation that all our hard work is paying off.

He's also due to become a father in just under three weeks time! :107: So very excited to follow their progress in the future & meet the babies too of course! :049:
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Nice to catch up Lou. Congratulations on the expected small change! Are you having one? Photos expected.
  15. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks Carole. I'm unfortunately not having a pup, no. I think my older dogs would drop dead from the stress of another youngster in the house!
  16. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Been a while since I updated. Cash's pups are 6 weeks old now! All three colours were born in the litter which was lovely :)
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    How many? Have you been to see them yet? We need a photo!
  18. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hi Carole. It is a litter of 8 - 6 dogs, 2 bitches. I visited when they was 3 weeks old and am due to visit again this Thursday :) I will try and update with pics then. Currently the only ones I have are individual portraits at 3 weeks and I'm to lazy to upload all 8!
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Dogloverlou I have just come upon a report of the litter by, 'Handsome Cash', in Our Dogs breed notes. Have you seen what Craig Hosie has written, or would you like me to type it in here for you?
  20. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    I may well have seen it Carole as Craig shares his articles on the club website. Is it dated from March time?
  21. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Just a couple of pics as promised :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]