Irish Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Irish Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member

Name:
    Dizzy
    OMG!

I have never noticed this breed before.. OMG.. I love it.

Wow. Too much :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. duboing

duboing New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Bongo's 11 weeks old now, so here's a catch-up of how she's grown:

7 weeks:
    [​IMG]

8 weeks:
    [​IMG]

10 weeks:
    [​IMG]

11 weeks:
    [​IMG]
  4. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member

Name:
    Dizzy
    I think I saw one of these yesterday!

In HSBC in york of all places :shock:

GORGE!
  5. duboing

duboing New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Bongo at 4.5 months:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ears a bit too high for the typical Irish, but on the advice of our vet, we will not be glueing them. Who would want to change such a vision of loveliness anyway? :roll:
  6. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    any more updates? beautiful puppy!! does gluing hurt them then?
    gorgeous dogs, def on my wish list!!
  7. Lollyaddy

Lollyaddy New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi Joanne

I've just been reading your helpful piece about Irish terriers and looking at your pictures of your lovely Olive. We're seriously considering getting an Irish terrier, but it will be our first dog. My family have always had Lakelands and my husband has always had cats! So he is willing to take on the dog challenge, as we both are, but I do have concerns about being relatively inexperienced as an owner.

I'd really like to be able to get to meet some Irish, but we're based in Tyne & Wear, and so far I think our nearest breeders are in Humberside and Lancashire area. My folks are over Dumfries & Galloway and I see you are based in Scotland too, so was wondering where you got Olive from and how far northwards are you based?

The breeder in Humberside is planning a litter this year but her pups won't be available until September, and although we would rather wait for the right puppy, September seems a wee bit too long to wait!

Any help/advice would be great, thanks.

Kind regards

Laura
  8. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi get in line,I want to take her home,also Im Irish,so she would love me and my irish brogue.crystalgirl
  9. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Hi

The last post in this thread was about 5 years ago so you may not get a reply from the orginal posters.
  10. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    It's quite a way, but if you look at the North of England Irish Terrier Club website, you will see they have a show in Cheshire in April and you'd be made very welcome if you are just there to have a look and a chat.

I rehomed a few dogs up in the Borders when I did breed rescue and I am sure they and their owners would be happy to chat to you too.

The North of England Club are a friendly bunch - get in touch :)
  11. Lollyaddy

Lollyaddy New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Thanks for that. I've just posted off a letter to the chairman.
  12. Kelsey1191

Kelsey1191 New Member

Name:
    Kelsey
    received_964402323708177.jpeg received_964402573708152.jpeg I'm trying to figure out if he is an Irish terrier. Any ideas? We got him from the shelter. He is 2
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Kelsey, I wish I could help you but I have no knowledge of the breed and this is a rather old thread.

In addition, all the links to photographs in the first few posts are now unobtainable as they were from Photobucket - which has now shut down all previous photographs because they now want a monthly payment for use of their site.

Your boy is lovely, whatever he is. Just enjoy him and thank you for rescuing him!

And Breedia from to you both from Tikva and from me! :039:
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Photos are displaying OK here - no broken links.
    I love those pictures of Olive. Although she was bracken coloured rather than red, I always thought that the terrier side of my Tweed was Irish - and so did @Kanie, who has posted above. (Hi Margaret, long time, no see). There is a Rainbow Bridge thread with photos of Tweed are on the Lurcher forum.
    There could be some Irish blood in your boy, Kelsey. I can see the skull shape, and the look that you are picking up on in his face. I would have expected a longer coarser coat though. Have you got a picture of him standing?
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Perhaps it is just on Firefox - I will have a look on Chrome.

I miss Tweed.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We do too. She had such an eventful life, so many memories.
  17. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    He's certainly got a look of Irish Terrier about him - perhaps a cross? He's a very good looking dog, whatever he is!