Deerhound X whippet - breeding concerns General Chat

Discussion in 'Deerhound' started by chaz, Oct 23, 2009.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie

Deerhound X whippet - breeding concerns

I was looking through a magazine today, when I saw a pic of a dog that someone had sent in that was of this cross, but what really got me was that the mother was the whippet :shock: the person is advertising her dogs in the back, these are all pedigree, and from show stock (I even think that it may be the same breeder that I got my old Trampus a deerhound from, its in the same area anyway :)) and it got me thinking, its can be risky to breed from any dog, but surely the risk involved in this cross is far greater, I mean the drain that it must put on the whippet mother, from carrying this litter, and then giving birth, and then feeding them all must of been difficult for her, so I'm assuming (hoping) that she had help with it all, but has anyone else seen a litter simalar to this, or another where the smallest dog (by far) in cross breeding is the female?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Way to dangerous for mum imo !
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I thought that too, espcailly with the great size difference in the parents, it did surprise me to see that cross, as I always use a cross like that as a joke when explaining what a longdog could be, I never thought that someone would actually do it. I do wonder if everyone survived this cross though (espcailly the mum)