Lagotto Romagnolo - Does anyone have one? General Chat

Discussion in 'Lagotto Romagnolo' started by Thalice, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Thalice

Thalice New Member

Name:
    MAUD

Lagotto Romagnolo - Does anyone have one?

I took Othello the Fellow to a companion show this weekend and he had a lovely day winning a bag of food and a knotted rope 'fetch' which his mother will like !

The we met a fabulous little dog called a Lagotto Romagnolo.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKG9dyzTDM98UuoWx_heMOX4ZXT8q8PEsUlQhuwViNMbk7OiKd7g

It's classed here in the UK as a gundog originally retrieving ducks from water hence the curly coat and webbed feet but it is also known to be used successfully for finding truffles.

Does anyone here have one ?

THalice's Mum

:024:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I have met one that was doing agility at a class I went to. Bit too "Poodley" for my liking as I am fed up about people asking me about my "Poodles" and mine don't look near enough like a Poodle as much as one of these would!

I think they're very trainable from what I've read of the breed and excel in disciplines like agility or heelwork to music.
  4. Roo

Roo New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Hi,

I have a Lagotto. They are great dogs (but I would say that). I suppose because of their coats you do get the poodle (and Labradoodle) comparison but I think most breeds with curls do.

They are very trainable but like most clever dogs if you are not careful before you know it they have trained you!
  5. Thalice

Thalice New Member

Name:
    MAUD
    I think I'll have to sign up to the breed club and see if they are doing any seminars and if there are any classes scheduled for them anywhere that I might be able to get to. That way if I cant own one just yet, I might get to judge them !

Thanks
    :lol: