Neopolitan Mastiff "bites" judge Discussions

Discussion in 'Neapolitan Mastiff' started by Malka, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Neopolitan Mastiff "bites" judge

I would be interested in any comments regarding the following news story.

...[snip]...

Full article and video here..

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.p...tm_source=Campaign Monitor&utm_term=Read more

It is a pity that that many reports on social media sites about the incident were inaccurate and exaggerated.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    After watching video few times, it seems the dog moved his head inwards first then he swung his head towards the judge.
    I am thinking (with me trainers head) that when he moved his head inwards it was a pre-warning sign, that he was not happy with something
    I also notice how stressed out the dog looked & how heavy the dog was panting, you can see his chest going in/out, so combined with the heat & how stressed out the dog looked, it was no wonder the dog "scratched" the judges face.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Looking at the vid, It wasn't really a bite as such, he swung round in opposite direction first of all, something obviously bugged him, causing him to swing round at the judge, he was a prolific winner so was obviously used to being handled, Fair dues to the judge though for not blowing it out of proportion and giving a reason as to why it might have happened but I don’t think it was anything to do with judges glasses, looks to me he could have been stung or something.

I see the owner has decided to withdraw him from showing .