Oh joy........ General Chat

Discussion in 'Cocker Spaniel' started by Janet, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Oh joy........

....Bogie has learned how to open the fridge door.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's and Janet like this.
    That is a bxxxxx! I have a Beagle friend who has had to fit locks onto her fridge - I think child locks are available. Many years ago some Golden Retriever friends came home to a dreadful mess. Their five Golden's had ransacked the fridge - butter, bacon, milk, cheese - wrappers and residue all over the floor. No locks available in those days, so they invented a duct-taped belt and padlock system - not very elegant.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    I shall have to research the locks. At the moment I have resorted to blocking the door with a heavy kitchen bin (which he also tries to get into!) but when it is emptied it will be light enough for him to push out of the way so it's not a permanent solution - as well as being a nuisance.

Luckily it is one of the tall type fridges so the only things within his reach were boring things like salad and broccoli. I first realised what had happened when I saw Chico proudly struggling along with a yellow pepper!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I am not laughing, honest I am not...

...Tikva would have eaten that and Pereg would have eaten all the veggies and salad ! :044: :044: :044:
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Oh no you have to invest in a doorstop Bogie will not be able to open fridge door with one of these in front of it

Just a few of the Animals ones that's available
    DOGDOORSTOPROSE.jpg P6056591.jpg CatDoorStop_1.png lg_xhd039-cream-dog-door-stop.jpg Hand_Painted_Dog_1.jpg
  7. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Oh dear, an understand your frustration, our friend has a puggle who is so food driven she will try to steal ice pops from children. I'm not exaggerating, I watched her do it. There are many child proofing products that can help you. I guess we're lucky our pups are dumb.;)
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    The only raw veg/fruit my lot will eat are carrots and sliced apples. I retrieved the yellow pepper from Chico, washed it, and said nothing to the rest of the family.

Those are super! Though I can imagine Pepe would be too scared to set foot in the kitchen!

Oh dear! In the summer I have to put Bogie on the lead when we pass anyone having a picnic and I also put him on when I see anyone approaching with a pushchair, just in case the child is eating!
  9. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Oh dear! In the summer I have to put Bogie on the lead when we pass anyone having a picnic and I also put him on when I see anyone approaching with a pushchair, just in case the child is eating!

You and our friend could share such wonderful stories. He told us something similar. They tried to take Bella to festivals where people were picnicking on the ground and she totally embarrassed them. Then when he walks her they have to stay far from bags on trash night, she can zero right into food scraps and bite through the bag. She must be almost twenty pounds overweight so she's not starving. He's amazed with my dogs. I'll put their food bowls down and it might take them a good half hour to wander into the kitchen to eat.