Hello Introductions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Danijoe87, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan

Hello

Hi, my name is Dan, I have a beautiful boy called Ruban he is 12weeks old atm and he has been with me since he was born. My mam has Ruban's mam (she is called Maya) I knew he was mine from the beginning. From 2weeks old he would come and sit at my feet and wait for me to play with him.
    I would love to get to know you all and pick your brains from time to time. Cant wait to talk to you.
    Best wishes and talk to you soon.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Dan and Ruban

My little girl has been with me since she was not even three-weeks-old and had to be bottle fed and then weaned, but like you, I knew she was mine when I first saw her three days earlier. Long story not important now.

I do not know anything about your breed, my little girl is a crossbreed. I am also a raw-feeder so probably would not help you regarding the best food for Ruban. But there are people here with your breed who know far more than I do, so please stay and ask whatever you want.

We do not bite!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Danijoe87 likes this.
    Hi Dan,
    Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pics of Ruban.
  5. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Thank you. With staying at my mams to help with the puppies I got to know them all and we sorted the best food for them with guidence from the vet. He love the food hes on and we've had no problems with it.
    For some reason I cant upload my pics of him but I will keep trying and soon you should see him properly. He is my profile pic though., fast asleep with his tongue out dreaming and sucking his tongue lol. He does it every night.
  6. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Hi guys I know you wanted to see some pics will have some more soon when I get them transfered. IMG-20170112-WA0000.jpg
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    At last - a photo! Ruban is absolutely adorable!
    [​IMG]
  8. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Just took this on me phone he's a bit bigger now lol

Attached Files:

9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Gorgeous! :007: Does he still sleep in that bed? I have one like that but much smaller, and Tikva used it as a day bed when she was tiny, although at night she has always slept in a crate in my bedroom.

The day bed is now used for all her toys! :lol:
  10. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Malka likes this.
    He uses that one as a day bed but when he sleeps he curls up tight like his mammy does lol. He has a larger wicker bed that he sleeps in in the bedroom at night. The only time he speaks out when sleeping is if he sneaks on the bed with zoe or me lol.

Attached Files:

11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Danijoe87 likes this.
    Wow - he looks really big and grown up in that photo of him with Zoe!

I had never used a crate before as my previous two dogs slept on my bed, but Tikva was only 3 weeks old and so tiny when I got her, not even weaned, so a crate lined with a puppy pad and with a soft cushion one end for her to sleep on with a couple of soft toys [and an unwashed teeshirt of mine] was ideal, as her tiny eep when she wanted a bottle woke me. Like a newborn baby cries when it wakes for a feed.

She still sleeps in the crate at night, curled on the cushion at the sleeping end, but her day bed is my couch! :D
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Danijoe87 likes this.
    This was the day bed which now holds all her toys! She was just over four-week's old. She would easily still fit in it but she prefers the couch!

Baby Tikva.JPG

Incidentally, that was the smallest bed the store had!
  13. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Malka likes this.
    Aww she's so cute lol.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Dan - she was so tiny she fitted in the palm of my [small] hand. I think she weighed ~400-450g.

She has grown but is still small - last time she was weighed she was 5.2kg but she is so skinny. Her ribs and spine look like she has been starved but she has thigh and shoulder muscles like she is on steroids!

Incidentally, after I had weaned her she has been fed on raw - the BARF version plus various supplements.
  15. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    What a poor girl, she was lucky that you found her and can make her life be as good as any dog could wish for.
    How old is she now?
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Dan, I did not find her. A young woman on this Moshav knew I wanted a puppy and told me about an accidental litter on a Moshav next to this one, and took me to see them. The people said the puppies were three-weeks-old although I did not think they were [I used to be a UK registered breeder of Griffons way back in another life] but I could not have one for another two weeks. Even five weeks would have been too young but still...

That was on the Tuesday and on the Friday she called in and said the people told her to tell me to go and get my puppy now - with the unspoken "or else".

So I brought Tikva home, telephoned my vet and I got someone to go and pick up a carton of puppy milk powder and two feeding bottles. When my vet sent his assistant vet to check her on the Sunday [Friday being half day and Saturday closed because of the Sabbath] she reckoned Tikva was barely three-weeks-old. So we reckon she was born on 15 May 2015 - I saw her on Tuesday 2 June and brought her home on Friday 5th - which makes her 20½ months old now.
  17. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    Hi Dan! Ruban sounds like a great dog! He is absolutely gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen a German Shorthaired Pointer with a tail.
  18. reduj

reduj New Member

Name:
    Anja
    He's handsome boy!
    Welcome Dan and Ruban :)