Looking for the breeders of my dog!! Rescue

Discussion in 'Labrador Retriever' started by MorontaB, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MorontaB

MorontaB New Member

Name:
    Borja

Looking for the breeders of my dog!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Borja and few years ago my girlfriend´s family took a rescue Labrador Retriever, she is getting old and I´m trying to prepare for them a photo album will all the photos of her. As you can imagine one of the most beautiful moments and memories from your dog comes from the time they are tiny and full of energy, those images are the ones missing in this album... I guess that everyone that own rescue dog have felt kinda like this before "How was this beautiful dog when it was a puppy".
    For my family in law (I´m planning soon), this will mean a lot, and I want to gift them those images of their beloved Labrador.

I´ve been able to reach the previous owner and find her birth and pedigree certificate.

Please contact me through this thread or my personal e-mail (removed) with any information you might have.

Thank you very very much!!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Borja, welcome to the forum. What a sweet thing you are planning for your girlfriend's family. Did you manage to get any pictures from her previous owner?

I think that the best chance of locating your girl's breeder, Mr. J. Dunn, would be if the Kennel Club would release his last address - which I have to say is very unlikely. As he would have sold the puppies at 8 weeks or so, I wouldn't bank on his having kept any photo's. I can say that he cared enough about the breed to have Belgium Lady hip scored, and it is more than likely that he owned the father - who also had a respectable hip score.
    The reason that I think Mr. Dunn also owned the sire is that the same mating, to Abbeycrest Shoestring, was repeated 5 times, so your girl has 36 brothers and sisters!
    According to KC records these are her siblings,
    Litter of 6, Sept. 2002,
    Litter of 7, Aug. 2003,
    Litter of 9, Dec. 2004,
    Litter of 9, Dec. 2005. This is of course, your girl's litter.
    Litter of 5, March 2007.

I'm sorry but, apart from pedigree details - which you already have - I do not have access to any personal information.
  4. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    CaroleC likes this.
    I found this forum post, it looks like this person has a litter mate or a full sibling of your dog (Belgium Lady x Abbeycrest Shoestring). I don't know if she is still active on the forum but maybe sign up and drop a comment, send her a message and/or see if there is an email address for her and she might know who her breeder is :)

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/38-...ly-tree-forum/29999-boothgates-headliner.html

Edit: I just looked and can see you already posted on that thread. Good luck finding him.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Well spotted Katie.
    I notice on the second page of that thread that one member says Mr. Dunn is from Scarisbrick, a district of Southport, Lancs.
    There is a Southport and Birkdale Canine Society, and as this is quite a small area, I wonder if one of their committee might know of Mr. Dunn.
    The secretary is Miss H J Cooper, Email: hannahiws@yahoo.co.uk
  6. MorontaB

MorontaB New Member

Name:
    Borja
    Hi Carole and Kitkat, thank you so much for your help, I posted on Labrador´s forum but no luck, I also tried to post on The Labrador Retriever Club on facebook but they didn´t approved my post... So last chance is check with your last suggestion. I didn´t receive the message alert so I´m going to try now!!

Thank you so much for your help!