Bye bye Pooks Other pets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mjfromga, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Nigredo is so patient with him - such a good dog.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Oreo is actually quite the little monster! Blue will give him a tried and true beat down if he tries this with her, and Jade doesn't mind him, but she doesn't really LIKE him and if he does this with her, she will get very upset and may hurt him. I am confident that Nigredo can keep him in line without hurting him. I always supervise, but so far they've been fine.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I still periodically check the shelter cat photos in case Pooks shows up there. I know she won't, but I check anyway. 7db4dee3-d268-4302-9fb7-84ee0697201c.jpg 40014137-4ae5-4e87-b304-e38d92213143_TN1.jpg 233621c9-54eb-4ea1-9dec-74ae12833284.jpg

This shelter is just way overkill... These are just a few photos depicting how they handle the cats. All scruffed or held awkwardly by their skin. Gosh I'd hate to think what cats go through under their "care".
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    They don't look happy do they? You must miss Pooks, the not knowing is worse than bad but certain news.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Those pictures are heartbreaking. How can they be so callous.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    CaroleC likes this.
    I do still miss my Pooks from time to time. I wish I knew what happened to her. The people at the shelter really aren't that bad themselves, they're just so overworked and there's too many unwanted pets. I guess it doesn't excuse not being nice to the animals, but they've got to be horribly stressed. The way they hold some of the cats and the lack of food and care even Oreo suffered from is bad, but I try not to judge too harshly.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Blue and Oreo are JUST BEGINNING to kinda get along. She has to wear this horrid BELL and he's been sticking by her and she's been allowing it. He's getting so big, so fast. Over 4 lbs now. 047493aa-c224-4884-8357-5eb56b2dad21.jpg
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    He is looking so much better now. Why is Blue having to wear the lampshade collar?
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    She got a nick on her ear and as it healed, it got itchy and she scratched it and opened it up and made it worse. The cone/bell thingy will help it heal better.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    It is good that they are beginning to get along now - and I do hope that Blue's ear heals quickly so the collar can come off.
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    He caused the nick, no doubt. When it comes to cats getting along, its different from dogs. They aren't pack animals and we've had several cats over the years. To some degree you have to let them fight things out. Same with Pooks and one other cat we've had around Blue here, by the time Oreo is of decent size, they will have worked things out. Blue wins the scuffles, but Oreo is tough and he won't give up. Slowly, the scuffles are lessening and Blue isn't all growly and stuff when he's around. Nigredo is sure to break up any "nasty" fighting.
  13. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Oreo today
    [​IMG]

As compared to when I first got him
    [​IMG]

He is now over 5 lbs and beginning to lose his teeth and kitten face. He's not as savage with food. He's still kinda annoying with it, but not nearly as bad. He's now taken to jumping on Blue, and we're dealing with that. He's not being truly vicious, but it isn't truly nice, either. He does it to Nigredo too but of course Nigredo is a 100 lb fat dog and can handle it. He has been viciously growled at by Jade a few times for doing it (she probably won't hurt him but is scared of it) and I try to mostly keep them apart. She hides from him etc. He's a bit too playful and jumps on everyone. He also climbs up people's backs etc. He did that to my mom while she was walking down the stairs and she almost fell down. He's very affectionate and happy and always purring and I'm sure we will work through the issues one at a time. Needless to say, Pooks is still gone.
  14. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.

Nigredo is the only one who can tolerate being used as a cat toy. As you can see, Oreo is getting quite big! His feet are already larger than Blue's feet. He's a wee messpot. Love him loads.
  15. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Still buddies. Excuse Oreos jacket.
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    mjfromga likes this.
    Gosh Oreo is growing fast, lovely video.
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He really is. He's over 6 lbs already. His feet are huge. I'm wondering how big he'll be fully grown. He still has baby teeth!
  18. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    CaroleC and Malka like this.

New video of the boys being boys. As Oreo grows, Nigredo realizes he doesn't have to be as gentle. They wrestle like big boys now, but Nigredo still always wins.

Oreo has grown from 1 pound to almost 8 pounds in about 3 months time...
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    mjfromga likes this.
    I love how dogs adjust play style when playing with cats.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Lovely video of "the boys" playing.
  21. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Nigredo no longer really plays with other dogs, so this is his playmate. We don't visit the dog park anymore and most local dogs are unfriendly, and Jade is too old and not interested anymore. Our neighbors white dog began causing problems for others and a lady threatened to have the dog impounded so they keep her up now. As new neighbors, they didn't realize her threat was empty and the local animal control probably wouldn't even respond to such a call, let alone impound the dog.