Blue pictures General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by katie134, Oct 19, 2016.

1. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie

Blue pictures

20161019_123549-1.jpg IMG_20160906_235825.jpg IMG_20160709_114950.jpg me and blue having some fun , he looks so grumpy in the second one , his probably thinking what the hell is she doing to me . He thinks his very cool .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Don't mind his little boots , he has to wear them as he gets so itchy to stop him scratching and cutting himself .
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Ahh bless. Your first year with Blue has been such a worry, Katie. I do hope things start to improve as he matures - he looks a real softie. Does he wear his little boots all the time?
  5. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    hi carole Yes it has been , he is the biggest softie his so placid , if we rub him he got a thing now when we stop he will put his paw up and tell you he wants more or he will come up seat down in front of you and demand it haha . He used to have to wear the cone and socks , but the last 3 months we've changed his food and we did keep him off the grass so no parks and he hasn't had to wear them unless were going out and going to bed just incase he cuts himself on his own , because he does go to the extreme with it . The last 2 weeks now I have started to bring him back round the park and I have noticed him starting to bite his paw , I had a look and there was a cut inside so I'm hoping it is just a cut and not the grass because he is a big dog and it's not fair for him to not be able to go to the park because that is the only place he can have a good run so hopefully he'll be alright .where I got him from the family didn't have papers and he was from an accident litter , but we loved him from the minute we saw him and his brother now suffers the same bad allergies , so would have been better meby if we took the time and found someone with all the kc papers , but I'm glad we didn't because he has been the best thing to come into my life . 20160617_115413.jpg 20160618_124514.jpg 20160529_191215.jpg sorry I know these photos are quite horrible , but this is how bad it got in the end even worser at some points . He was in so much frustration with it , I'm so happy his better he still gets hives a little bit but nothing compared to this , we were at our wits ends with it . He has lovely hair back all over him now and hopefully it will remain .

Attached Files:

6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    katie134 likes this.
    Blue is so lovely - it is such a shame he cannot go to the park for a good runaround - if you got some good outdoor boots would he then be able to go to the park?
  7. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    Thank you Malka , I'm not sure he seems to get itchy all over not just his feet , he used to scratch everywhere even at his eyes . It's good now as it's getting cold in London , it got worse in the summer months , it's the most difficult thing to find out what your dog is allergic to aswell. poor thing some mornings we would go out and find him in the garden trying to cut himself on sharp spikes of wood , anything he could rub himself on he would , even strangers coming into the house he'd use them as an itching pole lol , but hopefully we won't have to deal with that again .
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    He sounds such a lovely boy .
    Have you tried Bob Grass ‘skin cure’ I used it for one of my Akitas who had skin/feet problems with great results, It can also be used in along with No.19 White dog blood tablets,It does smell a bit but well worth it.
    http://www.bobgrass.co.uk/product.html
  9. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    Yes he is , no ived never tryed that when things get bad again I will definitely look into giving it a go , tbh we put suda cream on him and it does seem to work calming things down .I never wanted blue on steroids , he was on it as a pup and it never worked it made things worser once he got off them and he was too young to be on them , I prefer natural medicine for him so thanks for the advice , I will look that up and try it on a couple of cuts .
  10. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    Never heard of the tablets either, what do they do ? .
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    katie134 likes this.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    katie134 likes this.
    Good suggestion Vee. I used to sell Skincare, (but have never needed to use it, touch wood). The folk that did use them had great faith in the Bob Grass products.
  13. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    aw that's a shame , I will look into that Bob grass tonight for sure . I think I looked once before and it had alot of people saying how good it was but we give it a go anyways thank you x