Watery Eye Questions

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by GillyB, Dec 3, 2016.

1. GillyB

GillyB New Member

Name:
    Gillian

Watery Eye

Hi, I have just joined the forum and would like to know if anyone has a problem with their shih Tzu having a watery eye? if this is common and what would they recommend.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello and

My only suggestion is to take your little one to the vet as it is impossible to diagnose and/or treat a problem on a messageboard.

I do hope he/she will be OK but I really would take him/her to the vet, especially where eyes are concerned.
  4. GillyB

GillyB New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    Many thanks, am going to make an appointment at the vets. I have a feeling it could be an eyelash that is causing the problem, there doesn't seem to be any infection. Better to be safe than sorry.
  5. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  6. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    When there is no infection, just a mild irritation, I usually make plain black tea (no sugar or anything added). I let it cool to luke warm, soak a cotton ball in the tea, and apply to the affected eye. You can also use the tea bag itself directly.

I have used this on myself, my kids, my dogs and cats over the years and it works wonders. The tannin in the tea is very soothing for mild irritations of the eyes.
  7. GillyB

GillyB New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    Thanks for your tip, I will be giving this a go. I seem to remember when I was a child my mother did something very similar.