Luna is a Italian Greyhound Rescue

Discussion in 'Italian Greyhound' started by 6JRT's, Jan 7, 2017.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Luna is a Italian Greyhound

The Whippet breeder that's lives local to The Rescue Home as confirmed that Luna the pup that was dumped in our car-park is in fact an Italian Greyhound not sure if full or cross breed, the Whippet breeder said Luna as long neck small head deep chest & the placement of ears are characters of an Italian Greyhound.
    Am trawling through Social Media looking to see if anyone as lost a Italian Greyhound & have contacted the KC for list of Italian Greyhound breeders who have registered puppies with them in October/November/December, just in case a registered kennels have been broken into & have had puppies stolen.
    If I can't find her breeder/owner then I am going to keep her, I will smuggle her in one night & act all innocent when my men realize that we have 11 dogs & not 10 :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    It would be lovely if Luna's owners turned up, but if they do not, I am sure your men will not go round counting your dogs!

And if they do? Oh well, if they are not used to you by now, they will never be!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Bless her, I bet you can't wait to get her back. Italian Greyhounds are lovely little dogs, but can be prone to breaking legs. One breeder told me that she had had a puppy break a leg by just tripping in the garden. On the other hand, someone in this village has two of them, and a Whippet. They scoot around on the moor, off lead, as tough as you please, - and they have good recalls.
    They are a relatively unusual breed, so dumping one does make you suspect that she might have been stolen. Fingers crossed.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I would love an Italian Greyhound but they are far too delicate for me. I would be scared of sitting on one and squishing it.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Malka
    Italian Greyhounds are mischievous, Devilish, Cheeky, Sly, Crafty, adorable Trouble Makers.
    Luna is back at the vets has she as managed to remove her leg from the plaster cast, don't ask me how she just as, one minute she's tormenting poor Tommy (Pomeranian pup) next she's bashing my leg with her plaster cast that's in her mouth.

We do have 11 possible owners ranging from Scotland to Cornwall that have lost/stolen Italian Greyhound who have put on Social Media details etc, we also have 2 breeding Kennels that have 3 litters of Italian Greyhound puppies stolen (one in Nottingham other in Manchester) we have already dismiss 5 possible owners as wrong colour sex of pup.

Here was me thinking the general managers job was going to be easy, its a lot harder then I thought it was going to be, but also very rewarding too.
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Do you have a pic of her Tina?
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    We post photo if I can't find her owners.
  9. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    I mean do you have one to share with us here? :)
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Oops no not yet will try get one of the wriggling worm tomorrow
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    :096: Well last night I sat all my 5 men down & the conversation went like this :077: :

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Me.......................I am having a baby in February
    Hubby..................who's niece/nephew are we having this time
    Me.......................No I am having a baby
    Lodger 3 .............Well its not mine
    Hubby .................Not mine either
    Lodger 2 .............Don't look at me
    Lodger 1..............I have funny feeling its a fur baby
    Brother.................No way we got enough dogs
    Me ................... ...Its a Greyhound
    All my men ..........Woman do you have any idea how big Greyhounds get
    Me........................She's a puppy
    Brother..................Does she have a name
    Hubby...................We not having a puppy regardless of her name
    Lodger 1...............Mate I think she might of already adopted the pup
    Lodger 3 ..............How old is new fur baby
    Brother................ Does it matter we not having another dog
    Hubby...................Okay we will all go see her tomorrow [today]
    Lodger 2..............Do you know if we see her we are likely to fall in love with the pup
    Brother................We are only going to look at pup not to fall in love with her
    Me ......................I going bed now that we have agreed on keeping Luna
    All my men..........WE NOT AGREED ON HAVING HER JUST GOING TO LOOK AT HER
    Me.......................Night all

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Well my men have fallen head over heels with Luna :040: knew they would as soon as they saw her.
    The breeder in Nottingham as been to see her she not one of his missing pups as Luna is grey his missing pups are fawn, he as also said she's not a full Italian Greyhound, but 3/4 breed, [I still love her regardless] he as also given me lots of info about them firstly she's to young to be away from her mum, as Italian Greyhounds still need their mum's milk until they are 11-12 weeks old [calcium in mum's milk for their delicate bones] I have also been over feeding her - she only needs a egg-cup of dry food not the espresso cup I have been feeding her, she can have raw food but no bones or chunks of meat, ie finely chopped mince another fact that I didn't know is they are lot tougher then they look, but must never be allowed to jump on/off sofa, beds chairs, as their front legs will break.

Luna is now on total cage rest & will not be allowed in my office :( or be allowed to go play with the other puppies until her leg is better.

Will try to sneak into the on site vets to take photo of her, have been banned from there by head vets has Luna gets very excited when she see's me.
  13. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    6JRT's likes this.
    I love it! What a lucky dog to have found you @6JRT's!
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Not been to work today nor going in tomorrow & I am missing her terribly
  15. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    So sorry. I hope you are reunited with her soon. :)
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    No work - is that because it is your time off or because you are poorly? Much as I do not wish you to be poorly, I am not sure which is better as I am sure you would prefer to be at work. xx
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Am unable to walk my feet don't seem to want to move when I stand up :(