What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Lately it has been around 6 - 8°C here, with variable rain and mist. The dogs get so muddy on their walks, that I have to paddle them in a pond to try and keep the car moderately clean. Sometimes this attracts the swans, who doubtless think we are bringing something for them! When this happens we have to decamp to a deep, moss-lined puddle, and I have to splash the water over their lower portions. I can't say that they are thrilled about their icy shower!
    Seven dog towels in today's wash, and did the vetbeds by hand yesterday.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Dull and damp here, though the fields are not to bad, he does get dirty from road walking.

I gave up on towels years ago and use Chamois really easy to clean.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Do you use genuine chamois, or the synthetic ones that they sell at dog shows?
    I have never got on with the synths. but I know a gundog trainer who uses them - so it must be me. Perhaps I should try again.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    the synthetic ones, mine are quite thick ive had them a good few years now.
    What is it you dont like about them .
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I just can't seem to get the right degree of dampness for maximum absorption, and when I need to use one, it is usually a dry screwed up ball in a bucket. I also find them difficult to get grit free when I wash them. Do you wash yours in a machine? I must be doing something wrong.
    I still have new one upstairs, I will give it a soak tonight, and try again.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I cut mine into about 20x20inch squares easier to handle and clean, I rinse out after use but when they get grubby I machine wash.
    I leave to soak in a bucket before I go for walk.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We drive to our exercise locations, so to save car mess, I will need to soak first and take it with me in a poly bag. I will give them another try - after all, it is doing nothing stored in the bathroom!
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    CaroleC likes this.
    It's winter here and the temperatures have been consistently 65-70°F. That's sooo warm. It's really pleasant.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @GsdSlave I am glad you motivated me to try again with the chamois. I found that I had a pack of three rectangular ones in store, so cut one of them in half, and soaked and squeezed out both halves, and popped them in a polybag. They worked really well at getting the worst of the grime off before loading the Beags into the car, and they rinsed out quite quickly when we got home.
    This afternoon I had to bath Merry, ready for Manchester tomorrow. The combination of a towel and an almost dry chamois certainly cut her drying time. I am now a convert - thank you!
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Your welcome, glad to be of help.
    Was really lovely here yesterday warm and sunny, was nice to get out in the garden for few hours, this morning its blue skies and sunshine but cold.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    As it has been most days, sunny and warm outside but very cold indoors, and the sun goes down very quickly, taking the outside warmth with it.
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    SAM_1750.JPG SAM_1746.JPG

Think the photos speak for themselves!
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  15. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Blimey, it's white over with frost this morning. Thank Heavens the sun is shining. Hopefully, it will clear soon, but with how cold it is, it may take a while
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Raining here. Started as tiny balls of snow or soft hail, but now definite spots, and getting heavier.
  17. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    The car registered 0 degrees on the way to town at 10 am and 2 degrees on the way back an hour and a half later. Although very cold, it never seems quite so bad when the sun is shining which it has done all morning brilliantly. Clear blue skies with not a could. You could almost believe it was summer if it wasn't so cold
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The rain has gone, but a smattering of ice is hanging onto the verges. Very dull though, so I think it will be back. No sun.
    The two sides of the midlands, no more than 100 miles apart, (as the crow flies), yet so different!
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Brrrrrrr, with sunny spells and light showers.
  20. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    Partly cloud and cold...
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sunny and warm outside from early morning, although as usual very cold indoors. And as usual the sun goes down very quickly, which means it gets rather chilly outdoors.