I'm back! General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Janet, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Kitkat_ likes this.

I'm back!

I haven't been here for AGES! My husband had a bad fall and broke his hip, and then picked up an nasty infection in hospital. He was there for ages, and most of my time was taken up travelling to visit him (and due to the infection he didn't know who I was a lot of the time!) And at the same time, I was having to fit in visits to the vet with Bogie the cocker. He had started coughing, but the vet wasn't concerned at first, just recommended herbal diuretic tablets. There was no improvement so he assumed it was a heart problem. Kept trying differing medication, but he was just getting worse. In the end he did an X Ray and found a big tumour on the heart. Nothing could be done, and he was put the sleep. It seems very strange not to have to search for my shoes/slippers whenever I go out or come in!

Pepe (Standard Poodle) and Chico (Chihuahua) are both well.

I shall try and catch up on what's been happening as best I can. I do hope all the 'old' members I know are well, and looking forward to meeting any newcomers.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have missed you Janet - always wondering and worrying how you are.. So sorry to hear about your husband and so sad to hear about Bogie.

Sending you love and hopes for a better future. xx
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome back Janet! We have been worried about you.
    I hope your husband is back to full health now. I am so sorry to hear about Bogie - how old was he? I lost my Mia because of a heart tumour, but she was around 13. Will leave you in peace to catch up, you must have so many unread posts!
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hi Malka and Carole - glad to see you two are still active on the forum!

Charlie (husband) is in a wheelchair now. About 25 years ago he had a brain tumour, and the radiotherapy treatment he had damaged part of the brain and affected his balance and it has got progressively worse (hence the fall). I've got him lots of exercise DVDs which you can do sitting down!

Bogie was 12. My last spaniel was 18 when she died and I suppose I was sort of expecting the same for him. Though she was a completely different type - she was very slim and agile, whereas Bogie was built like a tank. He didn't bother to go round bushes, he just went through them!
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Welcome back x
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is just so nice to see you back. I cannot so much advice for Charlie as I am also a chair user and nothing will change that, but my little Tikva gives me the reason to get up in the morning - so there is nothing else to worry about.

But I did worry about you and missed you. And I am so glad to see you back xx
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thank you Vee and Malka - it's good to be back.
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Janet likes this.
    Blimey, you've had it rough. Glad to see you back and hope things settle down for you now. xx
  10. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Janet likes this.
    Hello and welcome back!