Kate's in the House! Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by KatherineW, Apr 17, 2017.

1. KatherineW

KatherineW New Member

Name:
    Kate

Kate's in the House!

:039:Hi everyone,
    I'm Kate and have just recently made a massive commitment... a GSP puppy named Lola.:100: She is 11 weeks old today so thought it would be a great time to join. What I need is lots of helping hands ready to burst with advice if I have any problems (which I do see in my next thread). Anyway I am a secretary 3 days of the week at a school. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. This is really good as I always get all the bank holidays lol. So I am off work today! Best days of my life. Me when one of my work day comes...:089: I am in an extremely great mood today. :lol: Lola is a very lucky puppy. My husband works 5 days a week but has managed to get his boss to let him work from home Tuesday and Thursday. So there is not one day where Lola is alone at home. Perfect situation for a dog! 8) I love her to bits and even though we have not had her for long she has found a place in my heart I never knew existed.
    K
    Xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. KatherineW

KatherineW New Member

Name:
    Kate
    How clumsy am I lol. Just realised I meant he works from home Monday, Wednesday Friday.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hello, and welcome Kate and Lola! My niece has GSPs but she lives in Finland so I haven't had the chance of meeting them - I know she trains them and has a lot of fun! I look forward to hearing all about her as she grows up.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to the forum Kate and Lola. Hope to hear lots of puppy exploits, and maybe see some photo's too.

Carole, <-- Merry and Eddie the Beagles.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Kate and Lola - welcome to Breedia from Malka and little Tikva :039:

Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of Lola :)
  7. KatherineW

KatherineW New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    @Janet @CaroleC @Malka If your dogs are shown in your avatar they are so gorgeous in different ways. Obviously that isn't Lola in mine!! :005:
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @KatherineW - no Kate, my avatar is a picture of my beloved angel Pereg and I do not want to change it. She was a mutt and I loved her very much, but she had uncontrollable epilepsy so had to be given peace.

See http://www.forum.breedia.com/threads/pereg.16904/

My little Doxie/Minpin Tikva is 23 months old now and has been with me since she was three-weeks-old.

[​IMG]
  9. KatherineW

KatherineW New Member

Name:
    Kate
    @Malka
    I understand. Your angel, Pereg was very sweet I love the black and white drawing. The look in her eyes melts my heart, the monster can be very cruel. You must remember you did the right thing.
    I had a friend who had to do the same to her Border Collie. He was a lovely little thing, was very boisterous but always seemed to adopt a calm state when children were around the little sweetie Pie.
    Tikva is the sweetest. She has a look of utter loyalty in this picture. Just noticed I am using the same harness for Lola. Which shop did you get it from?
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @KatherineW - I do not use that type of harness any more, and from the date on that picture I think my camera needs to be dusted and used more! TIkva is only little but she is very strong, and goes out on a 12 tether clipped onto her harness, and as she rushes out like a lunatic at full tilt when she sees a d-o-g she thinks will invade her yard, I had a few of the D-rings on those harnesses slip out. They were only cheapos bought online from AliExpress in China, but still... I actually have some brand new ones [I had bought in different colours/sizes] that will be given to my Vet when he next comes to give Tikki her Parkworm shot [she has them every three months] although next time she will also need her yearly booster. I have some other things for him as well - he likes to give a little gift to new clients.

The harness Tikva now wears is a much stronger one, with a shaped narrow lightly padded chest-plate, with four parachute clips that clip onto a strap on her back - so it is adjustable four ways. She wears it all the time. It has a sort of handle on the top so it is easy to hoik her up. Also from AliExpress - I think it cost maybe $7 postage free, lightweight but very good quality. She also has some very blingy collars - again cheapos but they look good - yeah, well, little girls look good in bling! One even has her name in "diamonds" on it!
  11. KatherineW

KatherineW New Member

Name:
    Kate
    @Malka Sounds like she's quite the character. I am just using that harness as one for her as she is a puppy and didn't want to spend too much on a harness she'll soon grow out of!:005:Like the sound of the blingy collars. ;)