Fish, glorious fish General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Fish, glorious fish

Tikva is raw fed, as was Pereg once I learned about it [thanks to @Tarimoor] and her first meal is always a raw bone one - bought fresh and frozen by me and given to her frozen. My poulterer does sell some fish - no idea what - but even though it is ungutted the heads, fins and tails have been cut off, and I prefer to feed whole fish, heads, fins and all. It is cheap and a large-is size and Tikva likes it. Chomble chomble chomble. But they do not have fresh large whole sardines.

And the fish van does not come round that often now and the last time when I asked if they had fresh sardines [large fresh ones!] they only had whitebait. And skinny little Tikki would go through six or eight and still mutter it was not enough.

So the fish van came round this morning and I plonked out to see if they had proper sardines. Was shown a box of whitebait on ice, no thanks, I want sardines. And no, I will not pay one hundred shekalim for two kilos - I want three kilos for that money. Mutter mutter mutter - shuffling around boxes of various fish, and lo and behold they had what I want. Not sardines, bigger than them, sort of like small herrings? I weighed one and it was 135g. 26cm [a fraction over 10"] head to tail, and very plump. Maybe full of roe? Whatever, it is sea fish probably caught last night [the fish van comes from Jaffa] and as fresh as can be.

All now being open frozen on trays in my freezer, and once frozen will be packed and put in Pereg's freezer. Well, it was bought for Pereg so it is still and always will be her freezer.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Janet likes this.
    Fish, glorious fish! My babies object to Tikva's dinner lol IMG_20170425_145102.jpg _20170425_141117.JPG
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    You read my mind Myra!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Sorry Myra :oops: but these are fishes for eating, not pretty ones like yours :oops:

Please tell your lovely fishes that Tikva would never eat your babies - she only eats fishes that are for hooman's food and she is very sorry if she upset yours. :oops:
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    mjfromga likes this.
    Mine too!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Malka and Tikva now slink off in shame :(
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    mjfromga likes this.
    With your tails between your legs I hope.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    But but but but but - there are plenty of dog foods, tinned, kibble, wet tray etc that are made with fish. And rabbits which some people keep as pets. And beef and pork and chicken and turkey and pigeons and quail and partridge and pheasant and loads of other types of meat [kangaroo anyone?].

And hoomans eat the above as well. Well, I do not eat rabbit, pork or kangaroo or pigeons/quail/partridge or shellfish, but I am not a vegetarian by any means.

Oh dear, now I have upset not only Myra but probably vegetarians and vegans as well. Oh woe is me, what to do, what to eat. Maybe I should just be put out to pasture to eat grass?
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    Lol they say it's okay. They realize fish can be friends or food. They are glad Tikva would not EATS them as they are quite chubby and probably quite yummy!