The journey of Cash - my Hovawart Photos

Discussion in 'Hovawart' started by Dogloverlou, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    We started our Scentwork training and he took to it well :) So fingers crossed we can continue to progress in that.

I'm at the National show next Saturday. If you're there too Carole, feel free to drop by and say Hi :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Dogloverlou , I will be there on the Thursday with Merry, but I'll be watching for the Working group results on Higham. Good luck Cash!
    My unofficial support role with the Bouvier Club has now come to an end. At the AGM they surprised me with a really lovely card and a plant, I also got mentioned in dispatches in the breed notes. I will still follow the breed judging, but will not be actively supporting them any longer.
    Scentwork does seem to be the big thing at the moment. I'm getting quite tempted myself.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Good luck on Saturday, we wont be there sadly x
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It was worth your journey to the National Louise. Another Reserve Best Dog award for Cash's file! Well done, both of you.
  6. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you Carole. It was a great day. He moved fantastic, so I was happy with that result alone. There is nothing more he or I could have done. Am interested to read his critique when it's up.
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Well done to you both !!
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks all. Had a super busy weekend, so one tired Hovawart this evening. Had a full days training in Thetford Forest tracking which he was brilliant at :)
  11. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    A pic of him from the other day after his WT training. I have a set of jumps up in my parent's garden now, so he was tired after practice.

[​IMG]
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh my, such a handsome boy! :D
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Lovely picture, and Happy New Jumps!
    I noticed that the veteran winner at the National was CD Ex, UD Ex.
  14. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yes she is. Was the first Hovawart to gain such qualifications too.
  15. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    If anyone could copy the critique I'd be very grateful! :) Wish there was a way of viewing them without subscribing.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I get my DW recycled, so I am always in arrears, but I will look out for it. As it was a Ch. Show, it should be in both papers.
    I might be more likely to pay for a copy if all the judges would submit critiques. Since I began showing Merry, she has only had one write up in DW. There may have been write ups that I have missed in the other paper, but as I only buy a copy at shows, I have no way of knowing.
  17. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thanks Carole. I've never actually seen the paper on sale anywhere before so wouldn't even know where to look!

That's frustrating you've only had one write up. I would have thought with the more popular breeds it was more common place to have the critiques published.
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Here you go ......

1 RBD, Nichol’s Bergenhovs Jackpot, 3 year old large dog with correct head & expression. Good topline & tailset carried well on the move. Good depth of brisket. Would have liked better on the move front & rear.
  19. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thanks Jackie. I think he moves quite close from the front & rear so would assume that's what he meant? At least he wasn't pacing this time however.
  20. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Think I'm going to 'retire' Cash from the ring already! We have made HUGE strides in his movement as of late but we just don't seem to do that well really. Not that showing should be all about the wins...but it's disheartening none the less, not to mention a waste of money. It's such a shame because I know he is of correct standard, but I guess no matter what we do his movement will always be an issue.
    Today we placed 4th out of 4 in AVNSC. Another Hovie placed 2nd. IMO that dog wasn't as outwardly correct, but I obviously didn't have my hands on her so perhaps she was more sound underneath. But I thought we moved just as well. Must admit, think Cash finds it boring too. He doesn't always willingly stand for me so I'm now having to mostly stack him myself, and then he's disinterested in most of the treats I'm offering to try and peak his interest. Maybe it was just today.
    I do have EoE coming up in July & was looking forward to NWPB but not sure it's worth the effort.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Showing is an expensive hobby and if yourself or dog are not really enjoying it then perhaps it time to give it up and concentrate on other sports.