What a brilliant watchdog [NOT] General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, May 22, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

What a brilliant watchdog [NOT]

Last Wednesday I telephoned Mikhaël to ask if he had any turkey necks, which I wanted cut in halves if they were small ones [hen birds] or in thirds if they were large [cock birds]. Yes, sure, so I asked for two kilos and he said he would drop them in on his way home that evening. No Mikhaël and no turkey necks arrived, so I called again Thursday and it was oops, sorry, forgot, will bring them this evening. Evening came and went and I thought maybe tomorrow? Still nothing.

However, yesterday when I came back into the kitchen from the ensuite at the other end of the bungalow, there was a bag with two kilos of turkey necks on the kitchen sink unit. OK so the door was open but as usual on a rope holding it wide enough for Tikva to go in and out but Mikhël does not know how to reach in and unhook it and it is difficult to hook again from the outside, so the only way he could have come in [and get out] was by ducking under the rope.

Did Tikva bark? Well she does bark on and off during the day if a stranger she does not like the look of walks by or comes down the path, or a car stops outside, and would do her nut if someone she did not know well actually tried to get in while I was not in the salon. If it is someone she knows well, like my neighbour or David my driver, both of whom know how to reach in and unhook the rope, it is a different, excited bark so I know it is a friend. And she gets excited when she sees Mikhaël or Ram but I am usually around to unhook the rope for them.

Not being near the salon and being hard of hearing I did not hear Michaël call me, so he just came in, walked through into the kitchen, left the bag of turkey necks on the sink unit, and went. A bit later, worrying why the door was open and I was not around, he telephoned me to check I was OK.

I wonder how many other people would do that. :017:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Always nice to know that there are people looking out for you.
    I suppose that is a hidden advantage in having home deliveries.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @CaroleC - I know that Tikki would not let just anyone in. She might be small but has a big dog's bark and a big dog's "gettouta my house" attitude, and I definitely would have heard her if a stranger tried to get in.

It is not really a home delivery as such. I buy poultry [and fish] for both Tikva and myself from Mikhaël and Tirtza, my poulterers in the shuk in downtown Ashqelon, and as they live just up the road from me it is no problem to just telephone what I want, to be dropped off by Mikhaël on his way home. Usually in the evening though, not mid afternoon like yesterday.

20 chunks of fresh turkey necks were packed, frozen in ThreeBees and are now in Pereg's freezer, and the next lot with be two or three kilos of chicken wings. Oh, and I, or rather Tikva, is running out of ox lung but I am dreading having to cut that up to pack and freeze it. It really is an icky ugh thing to do :078: although I do not normally mind handling raw meat and poultry.

But it was really very nice of him to telephone to check that I was OK though, and much appreciated.