What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Dunno wot yu lot are complaining about - you are all very welcome to pay my electricity bill because I have to have all the air-conditioners on.

And I am still shvitzing.

Come back winter, all is forgiven.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Ah, being marooned on a tropical island would be a dream come true! What would your one luxury be? (as in Desert Island Discs). Mine would be a flushing toilet.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The very best pair nail clippers. I suffer from ingrowing toenails.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Music, so i could dance the night away .
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I lived on an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean which was as near enough a desert island in that the "natives" didn't grow anything other than Ylang Ylang and didn't keep any animals apart from a few goats

For all our food we relied on the tramp ship which arrived from South Africa every six weeks or so. The thing we used to crave most, believe it or not were potatoes to make chips! If we ran out of spuds before the boat came in, out of desperation we'd resort to making chips with yams or green bananas bought from the local market.

My son used to make me laugh because the first thing he always bought was a carton of custard cream biscuits which he carefully guarded and you were lucky if you were offered a taste!
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What an intriguing story, how long was you there for.
    Ps i still love my custard creams.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Blimey, it's coming up midnight and I'm still leaking like a sieve despite the fan on full. Way, way, way too hot today. Too hot to be nice
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Chico and Fonzy the Cockatiel are the only ones enjoying the heat in this family. I always put Fonzy out in the sunshine because it's good for him, but the last few days I haven't left him out for long in case he cooks!

Chico finds the hottest spot he can and sunbathes. Pepe seeks out cold tiles indoors and lies flat out. I even have to look for him to check out where he is - normally, he makes his presence very much felt!
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Janet and CaroleC like this.
    Thinking on booking a holiday to ICELAND.:lol:
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave likes this.
    It's quite cool here today. No sun, cool breeze. It's lovely after yesterday.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    OMG its going to be even hotter tomorrow.

4QsB0uE.jpg
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    S I G H
    S I G H
    S I G H​

IT AIN'T 'ARF 'OT 'ERE
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A little cloud cover, and a slight breeze this morning, so we were able to get the walk out of the way. I don't like leaving it till the evening as at our ages, we are usually well pooped by then. The cloud is burning off now, and we have been forecast 28 - 30° later in the day. (Probably this is just a normal temperature for you @Malka). I'm sorry to admit that I have made my apologies to our trainer. Our obedience class is held in an artificial grass carpeted agricultural building, and can be like an oven, - or the opposite in Winter. We have been warned that there could be some thundery showers later - the ground certainly does need some rain.
  15. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful here today. Sunshine but a lovely breeze to keep things 'just right'. Ah if only it could stay as it's been this morning - not too hot, not too cold
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Still hot here but there is more of a breeze which makes it more bearable.

Cant believe it’s the longest day already .
  17. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Solid rain, rain and more rain all day. The caravanners ain't happy bunnies. Most of the sites are like duck ponds. Hopefully it will be a bit dryer tomorrow.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Same as usual...

[​IMG]

19. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Yesterday the temperature was 32C and unfortunately I needed to go to the city which is a 2 hour round journey. I don't have air con in my car and even with all the windows open when you're on the move, it gets like an oven. I'd left the dogs at home much to their disgust but had so much to do in the city that I didn't get home until nearly 3 pm feeling like a wet rag!

It must have rained during the night because this morning It's much cooler ... not quite sweater weather ... and the sun keeps going in and out as if it's trying to decide what to do!
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Day 3 of piddling rain. Temperature, mid 60's.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Where’s the Sun gone ? it Rained all day yesterday and turned cold in evening, was tempted to put fire on, raining again this morning.:(