Parson Terrier with exercise issues. Behaviour

Discussion in 'Parson Russell Terrier' started by Vjl, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Vjl

Vjl New Member

Name:
    Victor James Long

Parson Terrier with exercise issues.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I'm hoping that someone will possibly have information on how to solve our problem.

We have a parson terrier who is soon to be seven. We got him from the age of 11 months and originally he was always keen to go out and loved to run. Over the years he has developed a fear of going out, we put this down to a number of reasons but mostly linked it with gunshots, fireworks etc.

The problem first reared itself a few years ago, we saw a dog trainer and eventually Stan (the terrier) seemed to get over his fear to a certain extent. Now it has returned and seems to be worse than ever, does anyone have experience of anything similar developing with their terrier and can offer any advice?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Vic.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave likes this.
    It's worth repeating what you did last time as, from what you say, it worked last time.

I believe in Italy they have noiseless fireworks and the noisy ones are banned. Seems like a plan to me.
  5. Vjl

Vjl New Member

Name:
    Victor James Long
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks for the reply both.

Seems to me like people will find any excuse to let off a firework. Call me a killjoy, but seen one, seen 'em all. Agreed should be banned.

Thanks for the tips will give it a try.

Vic.