Akita Need help! Health

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Nichola127, Aug 30, 2017.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    I remember years ago using ‘Shake & Vac’ one of my dogs got a bad allergic reaction, seems that I was not alone as lots of dogs reacted to it.

Some dogs get very itchy and allergic when they shed their coat, especially those with thick undercoats, I have this problem with Heiko he scratches and nibbles himself no end so I have to groom him several times a day to get the undercoat out quick as I can, trouble is it goes on forever.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Yes, I had a Mini. Schnauzer friend who had a bitch that had a really bad mammary flare up with 'Shake & Vac'. She had several dogs but only one - her foundation bitch - had a reaction.
    When I bought my first Cavalier, the now long deceased breeder made a point of warning us about brown wool carpets, as she had a theory that dogs could be allergic to brown carpet dye. My OH will still occasionally ask itchy dog owners if they have brown carpets, and it is surprising how often they say that the piece the dog sleeps on is brown. I tend to think it is an old breeders tale though, I have had a brown Berber carpet, and used brown Vetbed, and never had any problems.
  4. Nichola127

Nichola127 New Member

Name:
    Nichola