Northern & Midland Counties Beagle Club. Showing

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Oct 21, 2017.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave, Janet and Malka like this.

Northern & Midland Counties Beagle Club.

Please forgive the brag.
    At the above Open Show today, Merry won Veteran Bitch, but then went on to be Best Veteran, Best Bitch, and Best in Show! It all happened in a whirl as Vet. Bitch was the last class of the day. I'm still coming down to earth. My thanks to judge Nick Morgan, and the super club officials. We came home with a handful of rosettes - and even some cash specials too. Two of M's granddaughters were there, and they won a first and a second too. Everyone was so friendly, it really has been such a special day in this very special breed. Love you Merry Moo Moo.
    NMC class1.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh how wonderful! I am almost lost for words Carole - you have both done wonders since she has been with you - you must be on Cloud 9 - I am so happy for you!

[​IMG]
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    What great news and a fantastic picture
    I want to say something with tongue in cheek, I don’t agree, but, your post came in at a perfect time
    If you have been busy and not had chance to look at some recent posts, leading on from that.... im not sure we can say the “ B “ word
    When you find the post you will hopefully find the funny side of what I’m saying
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm puzzled, I thought I was up to date with reading posts. Give me a clue?
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Congratulations!! I'd be proud, too! She looks fab in picture, well done :023:
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Down to earth today, a 3rd and a reserve at a local open show. All part of the fun, and what makes those special days stand out.

@My bear Yoji The penny has finally dropped. Perhaps we should start to say, My female, - or maybe non doggy people should not misuse the term.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Janet like this.
    Merry had another good day at the Beagle Club Open show today, winning Veteran bitch, and Best Veteran in show, judge Bill Browne-Cole, (Travella).
    There were specials for the veterans too - a furry bed for the bitch class, and a sack of Arden Grange Senior for Best Veteran. Wasn't she lucky?
    DSCF3848.JPG
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    More wows and wonderfuls for your gorgeous girl! Fabulous! Well done to you both!

[Oh, Tik says you can keep the bag of food but she would not object to the furry bed - but you can always ignore her!]
  10. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    CaroleC likes this.
    That’s fantastic news, well done to you & Merry
    You say she is “ lucky “. I think not it’s hard work and patience
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Well done, did she do a lot of winning as a youngster.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Yes she did quite well as a puppy, and had two reserve CCs from Junior. However, at that time her breeders had a couple of real flyers in the ring, so Merry retired to the nursery and was only rarely shown afterwards.
    Her little run is not down to me; she is what she always was, just a bit greyer, and maybe a little more to cuddle, and it's lovely that her breeders are enjoying her Third Age successes too.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Merry is very special and such a lovely "veteran" - such a gorgeous girl. xx
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Bless her she’s making up for lost time , she is a credit to yourself also for keeping her in tip top condition.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Janet like this.
    Thank you Vee. She has a real zest for life, and she keeps me young, - well young- ish.

A side issue. Several Beagles have reached their 19th birthdays of late. One contributor to the UK site lost her 19 year old Beagle last month, and was wondering whether we thought the loss would affect her 25 year old Labrador! Cancers excepted, dogs do definitely seem to be living longer.
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Wow, they are good ages.
    I believe the average life span of a Gsd is 10/12 years, though some go sooner and others go later.
    I remember back in the early fifties Mum having a Gsd who was 15 blind and deaf but could still get around.
    With the exception of Kyra who was 14 when I had her put to sleep, I’ve only had three make it to 11/12 the others were a lot younger.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure of the dates for Lexi - I know the date when she just went to sleep but I do not have her cards anymore and I think she was only about 11 years old. Pereg I know. She was six years and three months old when she had to be given peace.

Going back through the years, and they were many years ago, I had to let my beloved big girl Griffon go when she was also only about 11 years old but she had gone totally gaga after not having more than two litters, and did not even want to get up to go out to pee, let alone be groomed. I can check as I still have her KC registration papers but I do not want to. Too many sad memories that I do not want to come back.

Small dogs are supposed to live longer and I sincerely hope Tikva outlives me, but I have made arrangements for her in the event.
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My last six losses. Sadly, every one involved making a decision.
    Purdy Lowchen 10, heart failure.
    Tink Cavalier 14, mild SM/CM, but eventually was in pain.
    Geordie Cavalier 14, kidney failure.
    Spike Lowchen 17, Dementia.
    Mia Lurcher 14?, Cancerous tumour of the heart muscle.
    Tweed Terrier Lurcher 13.5?, Naso/sinus cancer.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    We can only do our best.

And love them and cherish them while they share our lives.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Actually I do have Lexi's medical cards. And those of Kattypuss - I just do not want to get them from where I know they are. And believe it or not Pereg's card is in front of me, just behind Tikva's one.

Obviously my KC registered Griffon papers were passed onto their new owners, but the very few that I kept as registered in my name for various reasons - I still have their KC registration papers. I know where they are but they would not mean anything now. I have photographs of all my puppies - would take a photograph with them with their new parents when they were collected - and I remember so much about them all.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I do now regret having a big fire when we moved from Derbyshire in '96. As I had retired from dog shows (Ha!), and we were downsizing, all the prize cards, each with the judges reports pasted on the back, went on the fire. It is a wonder my tears didn't put the fire out. All the rosettes, (as nobody wanted to recycle them in those days), and my litter records - with comments and weight charts for each puppy too. As I have never found them since, my grant of affix letter, and wins record book must have been in there too.
    I do still have the receipt from when I compounded my affix for life, (at eight guineas, that has to be one of my best ever bargains), and all registration and transfer cards, right back to 1958. I also kept CC's and Reserves, (unfortunately not all with the same dog), and all KC issued certificates - Awards and Health. Oh, and a huge box of photographs, which seemed so important at the time, but has not been opened for twelve years! One day ....