Won't leave my other dog alone Questions

Discussion in 'Rhodesian Ridgeback' started by rtr_oiiiiiiio, Dec 10, 2017.

1. rtr_oiiiiiiio

rtr_oiiiiiiio New Member

Name:
    Dave

Won't leave my other dog alone

I have a 7 year old male, not fixed, Rhodesian Ridgeback/Redbone Coonhound mix. He's not aggressive and well trained. I also have 3 other dogs that live Under the same roof. An 11 year old male Pomeranian that literally sticks to himself, he's fixed. A tea cup fixed female Chihuahua that is quite calm and a fixed 4 yr old male mutt that's mixed with pit, German shepherd and some kind of hound or lab.
    My RR simply will not leave the Pomeranian alone. He picks all the time. Flicks him with his nose, nips, and is just a down right bully. He whines and cries when he can't be near this dog.
    WHAT IS GOING ON?!
    My RR doesn't of this with any other dogs, never has in the 6 years I've had him. I've gone so far as to get an electric training collar but it's like my dog accepts he will get drilled and the pain is worth his bullying.
    Someone please tell me what's going on.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TruckeeCA

TruckeeCA New Member

Name:
    Matt
    Is the pomeranian ill? Your RR's nose may be picking up something that you are not.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    What a very good suggestion from Matt. If these dogs have had a normal social life up to now - then something has changed, and the vet is a good place to start whenever there is a change in behaviour.
    Please don't zap your RR, he could be pointing out the evidence that something just doesn't smell right.