Belgian Shepard cross? Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Groenendael)' started by Chantel120292, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Chantel120292

Chantel120292 New Member

Name:
    Chantel

Belgian Shepard cross?

Hello everyone,

I am new and have a question for you all :).

Can anyone give me an insight to this pups breed/cross? He is supposed to be a belgian Shepard X labrador, he's 4 months old and I'm considering taking him on as current owners find themselves unable to keep him. I was originally after a lab was pointed towards this guy.

I have experience with labs but not belgian shepards and certainly not a cross of the two.

Apart from being cute what do we think? Would he stay long haired as coat appears to change around his face. Just being nosey really.

https://image.ibb.co/gTab5c/58.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/fnzNBH/58_1.jpg

I haven't uploaded pic to a forum for a while but the links should work as photobucket wasn't!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You are posting on the Groenendael forum but I find it hard to believe that this puppy could be a Lab X Groenendael. In my opinion the coat is too fluffy and he has too much white to have come from two solid coloured breeds. My guess would be Lab x Collie, but maybe one of those parents could have been crossed crossed with a BSD.
    He is a good looking puppy though, and this is a smart looking, and very trainable, cross.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I cannnot see any Groenendael in this puppy but he is definitely a good looking puppy, and as @CaroleC says, a very trainable cross.

Regarding Photobucket, it is no longer a free photo site so unless you are prepared to pay rather a lot every month, you not only cannot use it but have probably lost anything stored on it.