Loo breaks during lessons, General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Kelly92, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Kelly92

Kelly92 New Member

Name:
    Kelly

Loo breaks during lessons,

I am a primary school teacher(year 5 9 and 10 year olds) I don't let children go to the toilet during lesson time. Would this rule bother you as a parent?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Hi Kelly
    This isn’t a rule I have ever heard of before, but, laws/rules and things change as the years go by
    I’m not sure by preventing anyone going to the toilet would be “ against humans rights “ if your head of school agrees to this policy I’m sure you would be in for problems with some parents
    How long are the lessons and would the children be encouraged to go to the loo before lessons start
    Young children don’t always have enough forethought for such matters
    Imagine if a child had an “ accident “ in your care and you had previously denied a toilet visit
    Maybe if you feel you are being taken advantage of, you could time the toilet visit and the child would have to make up for the lost time
    An interesting debate and a subject that must cause you many problems at timeS
    I used to help at a nursery/playgroup, when I first started any helper could assist a young child on a toilet visit, zips, buttons even reaching for loo roll
    By the time I left the rules had changed to where the helpers had to go in pairs, the idea behind that was to protect the child from abuse and protect the helper from false allegations
    How things change !
  4. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    CaroleC likes this.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Would this bother me? Yes it would. If a child needs to urinate or defecate and you do not let them, in my view that is cruelty. Not everyone can do it to order and/or a specific time. Nor can they "hold" it if their bladder and/or bowels suddenly decide that they have to be emptied at a time that is inconvenient to you.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    For some reason, this has been doing the rounds on forums for the past few months.