Price for unregistered puppies Questions

Discussion in 'Bloodhound' started by Bloodhound Hank, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Bloodhound Hank

Bloodhound Hank New Member

Name:
    Rona

Price for unregistered puppies

I have a question...what is a reasonable price to ask for Bloodhound puppies that are unregistered? I have a purebred AKC registered male (liver) and suspect that my female (purebred but unregistered black and tan) may be pregnant. I had planned to get her fixed, but she went into heat and since my boy isn't yet a year, was hoping we could prevent a pregnancy, but he apparently outsmarted us. I could get her CKC registered, but wasn't sure if it really mattered....at the time we bought her, we weren't thinking about breeding her, so didn't get her registered, and now have lost contact with the breeder. I am unsure of vet bills associated with having a litter, and cost to raise the litter...any advice is appreciated....and I will be getting her fixed after this, was irresponsible on our part.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Though everyone is more than welcome, this is a UK based forum, so I have no idea what price Bloodhound puppies would fetch in Canada, but would suggest that you might get approximately half of the going rate for registered puppies. However, the cost of rearing this breed is going to be quite high, unless you already have a handful of eager adopters who will take them as soon as they reach 8 - 9 weeks of age.
    If your bitch has only recently been caught, you do have other options. I believe that pregnancy can now be averted more safely, and for a longer time than used to be possible. It might also be possible for your girl to have a gravid spay - taking the embryos away with the womb - if she is not too far gone. I think it would be well worth having a word with your vet, to first check that she definitely is pregnant, and then learn which options are available to you.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    To continue my earlier post, I have now checked my facts. The injection Alizin should be effective for up to 45 days after conception.
  5. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Are they in Canada?

I would consider a spay abort, a litter it's costly and exhuasting.