Drama! General Chat

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by Janet, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Drama!

I had a big worry with Chico in January, when I was offline due to internet problems.

One morning I could see he was just not right - sort of hunched up and obviously in discomfort. Made an immediate appointment with the Vet, who said he was sure it was some sort of blockage and kept him in for an x-ray. The x-ray showed a problem between the small and large intestines, and he decided to operate immediately. He discovered two pieces of chewed up blanket! He said the smell when he removed them was awful!

Anyway, he is one very lucky little dog to get away with it. Needless to say, he no longer has that kind of fleecy blanket.

And the operation cost more than he did!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    Drama - and worry indeed. Poor Chico and poor you. :009: I do hope he has recovered well - and your purse is recovering as well! I guess you are like me - no pet insurance.

Luckily Tikva is not a blanket chewer - the only things she chews are my knuckles :019:

She sends tailwags and lots of polite snuffly kisses to Chico and to you :058:
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Janet likes this.
    Poor Chico and poor you, one has to have eyes on back of head at times, I remember when my son was a baby one of my gsd’s had a thing about ‘bibs’ luckily he passed them through.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Janet likes this.
    Poor Chico, such a worry. Glad to hear that he is making a good recovery.
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thanks folks! Yes, he's fine - was completely back to normal very quickly.

I've never had pet insurance - I've just got the two dogs now, but in the past I've had up to four plus a couple of cats, so insurance would have been expensive.

I am sure if I had a baby in the house Pepe would be after the bibs if they had any trace of food on them! As it is, he has a sock fetish. I now have to put them straight into the washing machine and shut the door because he extracts them from washing baskets! He's always been very lucky and they've come out one end or the other, but I don 't want to take any chances!
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Jade was a fiend for socks and knickers so I feel your pain. She'd get them out of the washing basket so in the end I had to put them in the washing machine and closed the door so she couldn't get at them :)

So glad that Chico is no worse for his nasty experience. They are such a worry at times