Hello, I'm a new mom! Introductions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by ReginaP, May 18, 2018.

1. ReginaP

ReginaP New Member

Name:
    Regina Priester
    Malka and CaroleC like this.

Hello, I'm a new mom!

Hello from my rainy little town. We rescued a sweet little girl. Rescued I mean as in she was ran out of tall grass into the road. We picked her up, took her to our vet to see if she was chipped. No chip so a week later of her lost and found ad in the paper she has a new home. We are calling her "Lady". She is very thin, but oh so sweet. I've never had an older dog. It's like have a puppy again. LOL

I'm looking for any and all advice. She's greying on her snout, ears and tail are docked, she has yet to bark. I've read it could just be fear. 20180517_141309.jpg 20180517_160126.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Regina and welcome to you and your gorgeous rescue "Lady". Thank you for rescuing her. She is beautiful :049:

Does your vet have any idea how old she is or if she has been spayed? I guess he would not know if she has had her shots so please can you get those sorted out.

When I was young and Mother got a rescue dog from Battersea Dogs Home she did not bark for nearly a year - the dog I mean, not Mother!

My current love of my life, Tikki Tikva, is a half Doxie and half Minpin, just three-years-old, and she sends tailwags and polite snuffly kisses to Lady. xx
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to the forum, and well done for giving this sweet girl a home. Are my eyes deceiving me, or has she had the tips of both her ears split? I think you will see a big difference in her behaviour when she has had the time to blossom, and gain confidence through love and care.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi Regina and welcome.

Lady is beautiful and will grow more so as she gains her proper weight. Poor little girl. It looks like she's been wondering for quite a while or was neglected in her previous home. A lot of TLC and I'm sure she'll be fine.

Some dogs rarely bark by nature. She may be one of those or it could be that she is in shock from her ordeal. Give her time and love and her true nature will emerge.

Good luck and please keep us up-dated with her progress x