Puppy gone off his food Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Sammy3874, May 24, 2018.

1. Sammy3874

Sammy3874 New Member

Name:
    Sammy

Puppy gone off his food

Hi all , my jrt puppy has gone of his food he is now nearly 15 weeks old and unroll Sunday he was eating fine as soon as the bowl went down he was on it but for some reason he won t eat it unless you sit with him don't get me wro g he is still eating his food just takes a bit of convincing to do it . Can puupys just go off a type of food ? Is he just bored with it ? I'm wondering whether to try something new maybe . Also I he is teething can this have any effect ? He's still full of life playing running around and going to the toilet just fine with no problems . He's worm regularly I'm at a bit of a lose can any one help ? Thanks x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    When some comes along to give you some advice they will probably want to know what you are feeding your pup on and how much are you expecting him to eat ?
    If you answer these points you will get some advice a bit quicker
    Philippa
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    How many meals is he getting now?
  5. Sammy3874

Sammy3874 New Member

Name:
    Sammy
    At the min he is have 3 pedigree chum puppy pouches a day with with a little bit of puppy mixer in it
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It could be one of a couple of things.

Pups tend to know when they are ready to reduce their meals, ie from 4 to 3, 3 to 2. Maybe he is ready for the next drop although he is a little young for that.

At 16 weeks give or take a few days either side, they lose their first baby teeth over a number of weeks so it could well be that he is teething badly at the moment