10 puppies & Us General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by GsdSlave, Jul 28, 2017.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee

10 puppies & Us

Did anyone watch it?
    I loved Pedro the Houdini even though he led his owners on a ‘merry dance’

The woman with the Goldie, was a prime example why NOT to buy a puppy for kids,
    felt sorry for the pup as she hadn’t a clue.

What a great life Jura the search and rescue pup will have and her owner was so committed

As for the girls with the Chihuahuas,i felt really sorry for the older chi then she wanted to bring in another puppy !

LINK http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08zm778/10-puppies-and-us-series-1-episode-1

Look forward to Great Dane next week
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    GsdSlave likes this.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Yes agree. The Goldie woman who had never had a dog, but was going to train it herself, made me want to shout at the TV. Could they not have booked a trainer to help her get started?
    Pedro was such a sweetie - his Dad had so much patience with him.
    I loved the look on the behaviourist's face when she learned that there was to be another puppy!
    I hope Jura passes her 9 month test - I'm sure she will.
    I can't wait for the Beagle episode.
    Just one crib - yet again, no mention of health profiles.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    GsdSlave likes this.
    This is when it gets frustrating as I am unable to get iPlayer [or the video on the Mirror] but thank you Jane for that link, although there was not enough information without being able to see the actual video.
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    CaroleC and GsdSlave like this.
    Let's hope the other owners we will see are a bit more clued up, the goldie woman , I wanted to scream !! Loved the rescue parents, made me laugh when he slept by the cage in the laundry .....
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    As so many people have been talking about it I tracked it down on catch up.
    Wow, it's brilliant and I feel quite smug about the raising of our pup, he is 7 months old now, compared to some he is an angel. Looking forward to the next episode
  8. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I've been watching this too and my favourite so far as been Jura but I could be slightly biased as it's a collie and I have a bit of a soft spot for them! :)

The lady with the golden was clueless but they did give her help this week for getting Lola (was it?) to walk up the hill. The woman in flat who wanted BIG dogs drove me up the wall tbh.... good luck to her keeping her designer shoes (out on display) in one piece!!! :D

I'm interested in watching the pug puppy next week to see what they are like and if it mentions health issues and whether that one seems healthy as it's on my 'future small dog' list.
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    After watching this, Is it any wonder so many dogs end up in rescue.
    Im really glad that jura and Will got into the program, some way to go but her owner is really committed.

Lola's mum is learning slowly, was pleased to see her responding to help and guidance.

Poor Poppy, hopefully the message has got through and the kids have learned to leave
    her alone, shame it needed the behaviorist to point it out.

The big dog woman what is there to say, am sure the leonberger puppy didn’t come from a reputable breeder,( as she was looking at ads on G-- ----) house training will not be easy, especially if she tries to run up/down stairs in her 3” heels.
  10. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Damn just realised I've missed this weeks thought it was on tomorrow. I'd been watching the animal rescue show..and there's no BBC2 +1 channel is there? Really wanted to see that Pug puppy!
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The Pug was lovely, such a quick learner, and a born poser. He is with media folks, I think you might be seeing a lot of him around.
    The Leonberger woman is clueless, and sadly, she knows it. I don't think she should have had a giant breed, and if I was the breeder I wouldn't have let it go to live in an upstairs flat. I do hope the behaviourist steps in next week.
    The third one was a Labrador puppy going to a large lively family with an autistic Downes infant. They have selected for temperament, and the puppy seems to be coping well.
  12. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I couldn't believe the Leonberger breeder would let her walk off with a puppy so unprepared for the long journey home. I did feel very sorry for her when she was in tears realising she wasn't coping, and hope it's sorted soon both for her sake and Shiva's.

I really hope it continues to go well for the lab puppy with the large family. What a smashing lad the eldest boy is.
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    The breeder of the leo , what type pf breeder is she, to let someone go off for a 4 hr journey by taxi and trains without even a collar and lead, I really hope that owner figures out soon a leo is not for her and re home the pup before its to late.

p.s....if I was that breeder I would be keeping my head down to be honest /
  14. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello all,
    I don't think the lady with the leo should have a large breed in a flat personally... She needs to think about the dog and not just the fact she wants a large breed. In my opinion, it's a bit selfish really. I hope (as mentioned before) she puts her pup first and rehomes before it is too late.
    Jane
    xx
    P.S. @katilea You can watch the episode on BBC IPlayer on the internet.
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Shiva was obviously bought from a breeder who clearly was just interested in the ££££ notes and I wonder how it will end.
    I didn't like the trainer at the puppy class and felt sorry for Delia, the trainer could see she was struggling and could have been a bit friendlier and tried to help her a bit more. The others reaction when pup pooped was also unnecessary.

Not into dogs being dressed up but Butch was cute.

Good on the woman with the kids for trying really hard to get a pup to match the family
  16. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Glad the lady with Shiva got help this week! And the lady with the therapy dog for her Down's kids is doing well (well apart from him shredding the lounge while she was out....have these people never heard of crate's!) but the benefits it's bringing to the kids already is amazing,,one is starting to walk on his own for the first time! Though I notice she has the 'Therapy Dog' harness on him before he's actually qualified! Can anyone just claim their pup is a 'Therapy dog' then these days in the UK? Or is there different rules depending on whether it's a 'Therapy Dog' or an 'Assistance Dog'?
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC and katilea like this.
    http://www.scas.org.uk/animal-assisted-interventions/therapy-assistance-dogs/

Brought a tear to my eye when the little boy walked and cuddled his twin.
    Well, mostly happy endings. Only a couple of owners haven't learnt the basics.
    I wonder if they filmed more than 10 and showed us the ones that weren't rehomed?
  18. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    GsdSlave and katilea like this.
    Hiya,
    So glad the lady with Shiva got help too. She had no idea what she was doing the poor woman. Not sure whether she did her research beforehand...:oops:
    Hunter's doing well and is already bringing light into the whole family's lives. Not sure why they left him at home int he lounge. Surely she should have known the results she was going to get!o_O
    Rosso's mummy had no idea when to give treats or not but they sorted it in the end! ;)
    Looks as if Lola' s mum isn't doing any better. Not sure whether she should have got a dog/puppy in the first place. :(
    Pippa's parents were brilliant. They should be very proud.
    Going to miss being critical of new puppy owners! lol :D
    Jane
    xx
  19. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    I should imagine they advertised for people getting a puppy and interviewed more than 10 to see who maybe the best candidates for filming. But they may have had an idea from the beginning how many families/people were going to be involved to get a selection of large and smaller breeds and some for 'entertainment value'! I hope all the owners get help after the BBC have finished having fun watching the clueless one's struggle!
  20. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    CaroleC and GsdSlave like this.
    Going on her initial performance and the fact she took the poor pup on 2 trains and a taxi without even a lead or collar on it, I very much doubt it occurred to her to research what she was supposed to do!

Couldn't believe Rosso had got to 5 month old and not toilet trained! Only took me a week to train my two. one rescue at 4 month who'd only been in kennels up to me adopting her and one 8 week old pup. (though he did have my other dog to copy off, I do think it's easier sometimes if they have an already trained dog to learn from too)

Isn't it on next week? Thought there was another week to go?
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Shiva's mum is now in a relationship. Will there still be room for Shiva on the bed? That seemed to be her main reason for wanting a BIG dog.
    Lola's mum still needs a lot of help, but I guess they have a contact line to Louise. Bless them all!
    I notice that Azz has allowed the Gogglebox team to advertise for dogs with behaviour problems on Dogsey. It would seem that we have a new series in the pipeline. I do hope they choose first class behaviourists.