A Dog's Purpose TV, Films, Theatre

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Innocence, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane

A Dog's Purpose

Hello there,

I know it was on at the cinema a couple of months ago now, but I just can't get over how right and breathtakingly beautiful this film was. If you haven't watched it, get your ass to the DVD store and buy it. You won't regret this.

Did anyone watch it. I just want to rave about how good this film was. :p

Jane
    xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Is this the film that came in for a lot of criticism because of the way a scared GSD was handled in raging water? If so, I have seen the online video of that scene being filmed and was not impressed.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Yes that’s the one, there was a lot of controversy about it apparently the dog was selected for his love of the water, excuse being (Before the first real take, the handlers were asked to change the start point of the dog from the left side, where he had rehearsed, to the right side. That, evidentially, is what caused him to be spooked. Yea Right! The dog is obviously petrified.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/18/a-dogs-purpose-german-shepherd-abuse-video/
    Excuses
    http://www.dailynews.com/2017/01/20/a-dogs-purpose-writer-defends-on-set-treatment-of-dogs/
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Wrong wrong wrong. Why do that to a dog? I feel sick.
  6. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    I’m not going to watch it !
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I wish I had not clicked on either the first link [I did not click on the second one after that] and I even opened Chrome to watch it as it would not come up on Firefox.

That poor dog was terrified.
  8. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    OMG!
    I didn't really see that scene as I was covering my eyes.. I couldn't watch. Now you point it out I can clearly see the fear in her eyes. Gosh I am ever so sorry I mentioned this. It makes me look at the film in a whole new light. Why why why????? I'm sorry for ever saying this film was good. :(
    Jane
    xx