Adopting two Dobes - any pitfalls? Questions

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by taz_in_2001, Aug 21, 2011.

1. defence100

defence100 New Member

Name:
    Sarah

It is not scaremongering, just being careful. Yes, some dogs may get on but you also have to be prepared to split them up if they do fight. It can happen over anything including food, so all I am saying is be cautious. Only one week ago I saw a dobe in the vets due to fighting with another dobe due to food, previously they had got on well. You would be silly not to consider these things when putting two males together, as one will always be more dominant than the other.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    of course you need to be careful, everyone would say the same thing. But that iseu not the same as telling someone when they home new dogs with their existing dog they will probably fight. Which isn't so likely, Of course. the 'careful 'thing to say would be to find out about the individual dogs first. because, of course, dogs are individuals. quite often dominance has nothing to do with it
  4. taz_in_2001

taz_in_2001 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Just picked up on your comment however, these are not two males we are talking about, its a male and a female which would have been brought into our home where another female lives.
  5. taz_in_2001

taz_in_2001 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    *Just to update*

Just come back to the thread. We have decided against adopting them because my other half has put his foot down and said 3 dogs would fill the house and I wouldn't be able to foster anymore, plus another factor is we don't know whats happening with Fizz's health at the moment.