Afghan Hounds - What are they like personality-wise? Questions

Discussion in 'Afghan Hound' started by TabithaJ, Feb 17, 2011.

1. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    Thanks for those amazing pics HI HO SILVER.

They are truly amazing looking dogs, aren't they?

I would love to meet one, maybe there will be some at 'Discover Dogs' in May.

They have to be one of the most unusual looking breeds there is, I think.

CHEERS AZZ :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. MarcusF

MarcusF New Member

Name:
    Marcus
    Thanks Insomnia ;-)

Yeah they are very hard work, especially for someone like me who is a bit crap at training..lol. Our youngest dog is a lot better behaved in most situations than our older dog. Maybe that's because we did everything wrong with him so we learnt what not to do when we got our second :mrgreen:

They might greet us when we get in, but that depends if its worthwhile for them...lol
  4. Windhound

Windhound New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    I had a black male many years ago,they never grow up! I have to say that I would never replace my Borzoi with Afghans.The grooming is a mission of love,you never stop,the Afghan coat needs constant attention. By the way I think that you have got your Discover Dogs dates mixed up,it is next week at Crufts @ NEC and then in November @ Earls Court. They are a special breed,but aren't all breeds special.
  5. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    This is a breed I'd love to be owned by and they sound so similar in temprement to the Welsh.
    Also reminds me of a lovely weekend at Welks champ show a couple of years ago when we were caravanning next to a few of them.
    Saturday night they were all dressed in wigs and partying we opened the window and asked who'd got the cc turned out none of them had been placed in any class dispite havng top winning dog there. What a fad attitude!
  6. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

How strange, one of the dog mags I was reading this week said there is a Pet show in May including Discover Dogs, at Olympia...

Thanks for posting, I'll double check.
  7. MarcusF

MarcusF New Member

Name:
    Marcus
    Go to Crufts on Saturday, hall 5 and you'll see plenty of them :mrgreen: