American bulldog and pit bull Photos

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by ragga_dood, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood

American bulldog and pit bull

These are my dog, Bob, American Bulldog and my mates pit bull, Tails, she's about 9 years old now. Although she is quite small (Bob is very large), I think she is a fair representation of most of the pit bulls I have seen in this country in the last decade or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Lovely dogs both of them.

As far as I am aware "Pit Bull`s are a banned breed in the UK, and in light of the recent tradagy I dont think I would be advertizing the ownership of one. I am sure she is a lovely dog, (she looks it) but by rights Pitbulls were put on the dangerous dog list 15yrs ago, and had to be registered and nuetered, so they should not be any left that are any younger than 15yr.

but as we all know they are around. In Northen Irland I see they have wardens that confiscate and euthanize them, no questions asked.

And after the little girl being killed this week by a Pit bull , it may happen here. Shame it has come to this, as I am sure there are many many lovely pit bulls with responsible owners around .
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2007
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Whilst they look like lovely dogs, I agree with what has been said above. Do not advertise the 'pitbull' aspect.
    I think that there will be a massive backlash to the recent tragic events so the less said the better.
    Becky
  5. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    I am not advertising the fact of ownership, she doesn't even belong to me, just trying to show the difference between an American Bulldog and an American Pit Bull. I think most people would have thought the "BIG" American Bulldog to be a pitbull.
  6. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Gorgeous dogs :grin:
  7. gaznweebeasties

gaznweebeasties New Member

Name:
    gaz
    gorgeous dogs, i really hope there isnt any backlash for you because you shared these pics
  8. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    They are gorgeous especially Bob he's wonderful
  9. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    About 20 years ago my friend had a pit bull, he was one of the gentlest dogs I had the pleasure to meet. She was horrified when it was announced that people may have to have them put down, but then the law was changed to make everyone have them neutered, which he was, and he had to be muzzled in public.

He is long since gone but he grew up with their children, as one of the family, he was obedient, loyal and never a moments trouble. He would play in the park with my setter and they were great pals.

I'm not trying to promote the breed or anything like that, just to say that not all pit bull types, (as they should be now), are anything like this dog was, certainly your friends bitch is nothing like Arnie was, he had a huge head and was about the size of a labrador.

When I hear these horror stories of dogs mauling people I can't help but think back to Arnie and how wonderful he was. It would sadly seem that he must have been a "one off".
  10. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    I have made my thoughts known on here what i think of the bl**dy DDA,so i won't go through it again.ragga_dood your AB is just gorgeous and so is the little girl with him.
  11. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Ragga, your AB is just gorgeous!

I have an AB x SBT, and I am now getting peed off with the amount of strangers asking me if he is an APBT.

Here's a picture of my Georgie:

[​IMG]
  12. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol
    How old is the pic? I'm not sure i'd be able to identify the bitch if I saw her walk down the street 'cos I'm not familiar with the breed but she defo looks sweet.
  13. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    HI, the pic was taken last summer, 2006. Georgie is a lovely looking dog you got there TT, but people who don't know what a real pitbull looks like see anything with a bulldog head and longish legs as a pitbull. Staffs, American Bulldogs (as shown on sky news today), Presa Canarios, the list of "pitbull types" is practically endless to people that are not aware of the breed.
  14. 5dog

5dog New Member

Name:
    alan
    Your dogs are really nice mate but dont think the wee one is a pitbull, and as there is no legal breeders in this country it would be pretty hard to prove either way.
  15. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    The "wee one" is a pitbull, the owner knows the history of the parents and i have seen both parents. I have owned and been around pitbulls, staffs and Bulldogs for over 20 years. I now own American bulldogs. As "pitbulls" are not bred for "showing" in this country there is no standard, so no specific "type" to mark it by. As there are no legal breeders in this country doesn't mean there aren't any pitbull breeders.

This was the last pitbull i owned Ragga, He was a pitbull (mum)x staff(dad), he died 2 years ago aged 11 and a half, the best dog i ever owned! The wee one is related to Ragga on the mothers side.

[​IMG]
  16. 5dog

5dog New Member

Name:
    alan
    I think the pitbull breeder question has been done to death on other threads,
    "if" the dog is a pitbull then I wouldnt be putting a picture of it on a public forum.

You are not the only one who has experience of the breed
  17. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    ""if" the dog is a pitbull then I wouldnt be putting a picture of it on a public forum."

That's up to you, just trying to show that the majority of pitbulls are not huge vicious dogs and most people wouldn't know one if they saw one!

"You are not the only one who has experience of the breed",
    very well observed, the breed has been around a lot longer than I have even been alive, but I do have over 20 years experience and have seen pitbulls of all shapes and sizes, most I see these days are 50lb in weight or under. I used to see them nearing 100lbs, years ago.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  18. gaznweebeasties

gaznweebeasties New Member

Name:
    gaz
    its a nice change to hear positive feed back. somebody put a link to temperament tests the other day and when i had a look, both the dogo argentino and the japanese tosa had better temperament ratings than all four of my dogs
  19. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    beautiful dogs ragga
  20. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    The main problem, unfortunately, with “pit bull types” is there undying loyalty to there owners! As this is the appeal to the hoodies and the dealers! When I bought mine (Irish staff) the breeder was very picky with his questions even before I was allowed to go and view the puppies! And made a home visit before I was allowed to leave a deposit! This to my mind is a good responsible breeder! The reason he gave was that drug dealers would use the dog to slow police down when they attempted to gain access to there property! As the Irish staff, English bull, American bulldogs and staffs where now used as well as illegal pit-bull for this purpose I now fear for the safety of these breeds as well!! And there only crime is that they love there owners no matter what there owners do to them!!! The dog in the latest tragic attack was not a loved family pet, it was kept in a locked compound at the side of the house!, The uncle of the child, was a convicted drug dealer! The dog was a tool not a pet! The responsible dog owners of the country need to unite and force the government to come up with a proper licensing system! Police checks, age limit, some basic handling skills, and tougher penalties for dog owners and dog breeders who sell dogs to unlicensed owners. I’m not a fool there will always be idiots who flout the law but if a licensing system will put off a percentage of people who previously would not given the responsibility of owning a dog a second thought , then surly this would be a good thing?
  21. mypoppit

mypoppit New Member

Name:
    Vicki
    i think that they are both just so gorgeous, AB is amazing!!! i am not promoting pitbulls, however, in my opinion it is a bad owner not the dog. i have seen pitbulls in america in family homes, like any other normal dog, if not better. they have that instinct in them however with the correct home, love and training they are lovely dogs!