American bulldog x or pure ? Questions

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by sean frost, Jan 18, 2017.

1. sean frost

sean frost New Member

Name:
    Sean

American bulldog x or pure ?

IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0528.JPG IMG_0530.JPG Hi guys Sean here I am the proud owner of two American bulldogs named cleo (fawn and white female) 28 kg and blaze a black white and slightly brindle male) 44kg .
    What I'm trying to find out is whether or not they are mixed or pure because they do not resemble a lot of American bulldogs that I have seen and think they might have a bit of American staffy in them but I am not entirely sure.
    I'm not a breeder and have no plans to do so so it's not a issue at all there perfect dogs it's just curiosity.
    If any one here could give any insight based on a phot alone that would be fantastic I'm not sure if that's possible any opinions would be great.
    Cheers guys
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    sean frost likes this.
    with American bulldogs it is really hard to tell since there are several lines and so many sub lines.

They look like healthy and happy dogs which counts more than anything.

Good looking dogs by the way and welcome to the forums
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    sean frost likes this.
    I do not know anything about American Bulldogs so I cannot help you - I just wanted to say that Cleo and Blaze are lovely looking dogs. :)
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Same here. No experience of bull breeds, but welcome to the forum anyway.
    I'm sure a BB enthusiast will be along soon.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    The males feet are very sloppy for an American bulldog. How tall is he at the shoulder? I'm suspecting he's got some staff mixed in. His face is too tight for an American Bulldog, as well.
  7. sean frost

sean frost New Member

Name:
    Sean
    Hi guys thank you for the compliments they are very happy and spoilt dogs.
    Blaze stands at 730mm (29') at the shoulder I have photos of there parents that I will try and dig up but they look nothing like them in the face for some reason that's why I'm thinking maybe a ammstaff may have snuck in old mates yard and bred with the female without the owner knowing and he has assumed that his male did the job.
    Thanks again for the feed back guys
  8. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    Being from the US, these dogs look like pure American Bulldogs. They look like they come from Scott lines. At some point, Alan Scott began infusing non-Johnson catch bulldogs from working Southern farms with John D. Johnson's line, creating the now Standard American Bulldog. Virtually every American bulldog in existence today can trace his or her pedigree back to Johnson’s foundation stud dog “Dick the Bruiser” or Scott’s foundation stud dog “Mac the Masher”.
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I'm from the US as well. The dogs height at the shoulder makes the chances of Staffordshire being mixed in pretty low. He might be a pure American Bulldog. No way to know! Cute guy either way.
  10. sean frost

sean frost New Member

Name:
    Sean
    Thanks for the replies guys I thought they might be from the Scott lineage either way they happy and healthy so no matter.
    Cheers guys