American Bully - UKC welcomes a new breed General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by pitboy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. pitboy

pitboy New Member

Name:
    sahnsahn

American Bully - UKC welcomes a new breed

For all you dog lovers that loves bully breeds on July 15, 2013. The United Kennel Club, Inc. welcomes a new breed, the American Bully, to its list of recognized breeds, effective July 15, 2013. The American Bully breed developed as a natural extension of the American Pit Bull Terrier, a breed that has maintained a characteristic appearance and temperament for over 100 years. As with any long-standing breed, several distinct types have evolved from the parent breed, with one in particular – the American Bully – taking on a specific build and structure unique enough to warrant it becoming a separate breed altogether. The American Bully, whose foundation stock is undeniably the American Pit Bull Terrier, was also developed by blending in stock from other bull breeds. American Bully breed was subtly influenced by the infusion of several other breeds, which include the American Bulldog, English Bulldog, and Olde English Bulldogge.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Quick google images search - the poor things look deformed!! :shock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  4. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Oh my goodness!!! What is the purpose of letting a dog like that evolve:017:

Looks like a backward step to me when you think of all the "breeds" that have been produced to improve on the Bulldog!!

BlueJay I think you and I better hide now
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    :evil: The UKC is NOT the Kennel Club!!!! The pitbull is a banned breed in the UK, so it would hardly be a recognised breed over here, any of these dogs would more than likely be seized and very sadly pts:evil:
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The UKC is the United Kennel Club Kalamazoo, Michigan.

It is not even the AKC [American Kennel Club] which does not appear to recognise either American Bullys or Pitbulls.
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Oh right Malka, so not even a play on the British KC then.
    Poor dogs, they must suffer so much:cry:
  8. Florence

Florence New Member

Name:
    Florence
    I love bull breeds, I love my staffies, american staffords, bull terriers etc. yes, but only if they're healthy.

The american bully is a perversion of the pit bull, doesn't look healthy or normal in any way. I can't imagine these dogs are having a comfortable life.
    I don't care which kennel club recognises which breed, it all really doesn't matter at all as long as there are breeds out there that suffer from such deformities.
    In my opinion, ALL kennel clubs and the FCI should work towards healthy dogs that can move normally and naturally.
  9. Lacey10

Lacey10 New Member

Name:
    Eileen
    The photos of these poor dogs leaves me speechless......:-(
  10. TazJas

TazJas New Member

Name:
    Linda
    Looks like something out of a comic! poor dog :(
  11. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Not a bull breed fan anyway but they are just horrific! :-(
  12. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Disgusting! Anyone who breeds such dogs can't actually love dogs. ...the same could be said for a lot of breeds recognised by the Kennel Club too. At least at dog should be able to breath easily and run with ease.

I'm sure Bulldogs are lovely but I went on a walk with one recently and I felt uncomfortable the whole way. The dog was really struggling to breath and keep up, it could barley run and only tried for a really breif time before giving up. Breathing was accompanied by heavy wheezing, rasping and coughing and it had to stop regularly to catch its breath. I was certain it a going to collapse at any moment. I see what some people can think that they look cute and I'm sure they have great personalities but I really don't think it's a fair body to be born into....same goes for these dogs.
  13. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I could never have one of those breeds for that very reason, they aren't fit for purpose, look at the piccies of the original bulldog, and how they are now and it is like a deformity, and the same goes with these types of dogs, at least the pit bull looks athletic and fit for purpose (whatever that may be:evil: ) but these are like cartoon characters. Poor things they will be suffering from all sorts of joint and skeletal problems as well as the inability to breathe.
  14. Maiseymoo

Maiseymoo New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Me neither, but that poor dog looks like a deformed freak. :-( I take it it's ears are cropped. :-(
    It's legs look so far apart that I'm surprised it can support that bulk of a body. It looks like every step would be an effort.
    The first and 3rd picture actually turn my stomach :078:

If I saw that coming towards me I would rapidly change direction. It looks like some kind of supernatural devil dog.
  15. Lacey10

Lacey10 New Member

Name:
    Eileen
    I'm wondering if they lie down or fall over can they manage to get themselves back up:017: Such lovely faces though.
  16. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi It isnt April Fool is it have I missed something,the bulldog has many problems,they cannot even breathe properly and having puppies is a major problem,so why put a dog with problems into the gene pool to create more problems.I thought the KC was trying to improve breeds.Its just beyond me I love all dogs,but this is mad a real Jeckyll & Hyde.Eventually there will no pure bred dogs left,Look at the poodle,they dont just want poodles now they want to mix and end up with Labridoodles who despite the cost they are a first cross.Gemini54
  17. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Turtle dog! (he's a stud)

[​IMG]

Having a look round the internet on breeders sites, they all seem to be Fire! Explosions! Guns! Chains and spikes! Muscles! Boobies!
    No offence whatsoever intended to the decent people who like them, but I'm not particularly optimistic as to what that says about the people who breed these things :neutral:
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    It makes me wonder how he actually manages to be a stud, I know it is a massive problem with our own bulldog, but that type is defying imagination. They are pitiful the poor poor dogs, what we humans have to answer for eh:009: :009:
  19. Florence

Florence New Member

Name:
    Florence
    This actually just brought tears to my eyes. What a poor creature, I feel really sorry for him :010:

I can't imagine he's having a painless or even comfortable life at all. People are so selfish, they'll just breed anything to impress other people, to look cool and powerful, to play 'god' and 'nature'. It makes me sick.
  20. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Here's a breeding bitch from the same place;
    sway back??

[​IMG]
  21. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    I love bull breeds...but think they should be athletic looking not deformed and be agile!