American Bully Photos

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Kitkat_, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie

American Bully

My friend on Facebook recently rescued an unwanted American Bully, he is a gorgeous example of what an Am Bully should be in my opinion. So with my friends permission here are some photos of her gorgeous American Bully, Loki. All photo credit goes to his owner, Ashley Faison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Except for being altered, beefier and having natural ears, my Callie looks very close to this beautiful pup!!! Thank you for sharing.

Something this dog has that I wish Callie still had is the pretty tail.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Why does the dog have an thick heavy chain fasten to collar ?

None of the 6 Pit bulls I grew up with had thick heavy chains fasten to their collars, they were free to roam the garden & house.
  5. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Because he has high prey drive and would easily jump the fence. He is usually on his fabric long line but it isn't always practical to hold while she is busy. It is not a heavy chain either.

So to answer, it is for his safety and to keep other animals safe, last thing she wants is him to be hit by a car.

Loki isn't a Pit Bull either, though Pit Bulls are a lot better at jumping and escaping if they want so a good chain spot is very responsible to keep a dog contained properly.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I just hate seeing any type of dogs on thick (heavy) chains
    Running leads or thin chain is ok, if dog can get in/out of house, but not thick chains staked to ground, where the dog as limited running space.
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    This chain is not heavy. But the chain needs to be strong enough to contain a powerful dog, plus leads can get wrapped around legs and can also be chewed through. Plus the dog only holds the weight of the small amount of chain that is off the ground. If the dog needs to be outside then a good chain spot give more area for the dog than a kennel does.

If a chain spot is used properly then they are a great method of containment. I know my Billy would hate to be crated and would prefer the freedom of a chain spot rather than being confined in a kennel.
  8. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Yeah fortunately we have a fenced yard so my dogs aren't tied but as you say they are gifted escape artists. When we first got Callie he somehow kept appearing in the front yard or neighbors driveway.

We knew the fence was secure on all sides and eight feet high so he couldn't jump it easily. Turns out he was going UNDER. This perhaps seven inch space where he had to get that big head to fit, then pull his body through as well. Must of have been a tight squeeze.

I laid heavy railroad ties along the whole fence and it worked. But who da thunk?
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I never had escapee dogs even without a fence in garden the pit bulls stayed within the garden area, it was same with my GSD's Rottweilers & Dobermans they never left my garden, they would sit in garden watching the world go by.
    Even now with my 6 JRT's if I am in the front garden they will just sit there in garden watching me (I don't have drive gates) they don't wander off.
  10. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    There are lots of reasons why a dog would want to get out. If there is a dog in heat nearby, or an animal that they want to chase etc.

When done correctly a chain can be a great method of containment.

Though this post is about the gorgeous Loki, not about chain spots.
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Sue Staffy likes this.
    Lovely looking dog, I am not fan of the cropped ears at all tho - much prefer dogs with natural ears :)
  12. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Yeah he was rescued so already had the crop.

Personally I like a good crop on an Am Bully, they look weird with full ears. I'm glad Pit Bulls don't get cropped usually.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    He is a very handsome dog, but like Azz I am not keen on cropped ears.
  14. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    6JRT's likes this.
    :(My baby and his poor little stump, not an even scar so they probably used fabric shears. Tail and ear docking is frowned on where I live so it turns into a do it yourself project<<<shudder>>>
    My view against it is would you want someone chopping your ears or backbone? Even with pain killer during the procedure...afterwards has gotta hurt bad. To mutilate a puppy for a "look"? No.
  15. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    Kitkat_ and Malka like this.
    Hello, i am the owner of the dog posted, Loki :) Lovemybull, i did not crop his ears for one and two they were definitely done by a vet :)

Secondly 6 JRTS my dog has a STRONG prey drive and can easily jump a 6 foot fence, and while he is a good listener all it would take is ONE TIME for him to not listen to me and it could be a disaster. ONE TIME for him to see a rabbit or a fox and choose not to listen, if he got out and killed someones small pet he would likely be euthanized and there would be just one other news story giving people the idea that they should be banned.Not only is there a risk of him hurting someones small pet he could also be hurt himself as we have a lot of bears, bobcats,and coyotes behind my home. The chain is NOT heavy it weighs 5lbs total :) he jumps and plays on the chain if it was too heavy i am sure he would not be able to LEAP into the air on his chain, it is much much better to keep him contained, there is no way i would be able to trust him running loose. Just because you are willing to risk letting your dogs walk around not contained, doesn't mean everyone else is.. It safer for him and safer for bull breeds as a whole :) Here are some pictures of him JUMPING and PLAYING on the chain, it is not too heavy :) and he surely does not mind it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Adjecyca likes this.
    I have to add one more story about bully escape artists. As I said we had to add solid railroad ties along the bottom of our cyclone fence so Callie couldn't worm under it. Then one day I was on the front steps and...Callie is standing next to me...the backyard is fenced all around and a distance from the front door.

The answer was an old rusted bike in the yard hidden among the trees. Yup a dog who is challenged walking up stairs managed to use the bike to boost himself over the fence. I agree it's wiser with some pups to chain them and have them secure for their own safety and everyone else.

We let our dogs in the yard several times during the day, but never without checking every few minutes just to make sure they aren't getting into mischief.
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    The thing is I have seen the effect thick chains on dogs does to their necks & paws, when they are encourage to jump up to grab food/toy hanging from post/tree, plus why if they have high prey drive are they then encouraged to jump up to grab an furry toy hanging from post tree is beyond me, if they need to be chained up in garden then a running lead (cable run) is better then any thick chain.

cable run is chew proof & strong
    imagesOKOQTDB2.jpg
    Gives dog exercise without getting caught/tangled around paws
    images.jpg images8.jpg
  18. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    Well the toy isn't hanging from a tree for one, and two my dog likes to play, so because he has a high prey drive he shouldn't be allowed to play with his favorite toy??and my dog can chew through the cable lines :p

and the chain weighs 5lbs all together, it is not heavy
  19. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    But why hang his favourite toy in doing so its making him jump up (first photo) in effect encouraging his high prey drive ?
  20. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    ANY type of play includes prey drive, even fetch, the reason dogs chase balls is because of prey drive !
  21. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    Also you can use prey drive/toys to help with a dogs desire to chase small animals, you should check out my recent post i am training Loki to behave in front of a cat, i have used his favorite toy (cow hide) as a reward for this training :)