And again... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

And again...

Tikva has been outside most of the day except coming in for the odd nap, and food, and it is now coming up to 10.30pm. Well she was outside as she went barky barky at someone going past yelling on their cellphone. Once they had gone she was quiet and enjoying the peace again.

Anyhow, with the door still open and Tikki still outside, I went into the kitchen to fill the drink water bottle [I knock glasses over] and took it through to my bedroom. Came back into the kitchen and there she was, sitting patiently, still with the leash on that has the loop through the end of her rope tether, tied and taped for security. Only the leash was not attached to the rope, which was outside.

She had obviously heard me switch my chair on to move so she came in. With the leash clipped onto her harness but no tether at the end of the leash, the loop of which had worn through. No idea when it had happened but it was still attached to her tether after she had had her dindins at 8pm. At least I think it was.

Pulled in the rope, closed the door, went to get another leash from my bedroom [it was one that came with a harness that was nbg] - cut off the tape from the end of the rope and fixed this new leash on.

OK so Puppy Dog Bliss is far from trained. Yes she knows "sit" and she has a fantastic recall. And she is, finally, house-trained, although I had been told that Doxies are diabolical for house-training. Well, she has been for a while now but I still have a puppy pad in the salon for emergencies, ie if the door is closed and I am not in the salon, but she rarely uses it.

But this is the second time she has been free and yet come in, the last time being when she walked out of a harness. The AliExpress purple harness she now wears is perfect.

Did I ever say that she is a strange puppy?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!