Any Shetland Sheepdog owners here? General Chat

Discussion in 'Shetland Sheepdog' started by TabithaJ, Jun 23, 2011.

1. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

Any Shetland Sheepdog owners here?

When I was a kid my aunt had the most adorable Sheltie. He really looked like a miniature Collie - but recently the few Shelties I've seen seem to be slightly different, with more pointed faces...?

Just wondered if this is true in general or just happens to be the Shelties in my local area perhaps?

Also, any pics of your Shelties please?:mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    when you say pointed . do you mean snipey?.
  4. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Many years ago we had a lovely Sheltie who lived for nearly 18 years. He was a large size (over the breed standard) similar to a small collie but with a lovely typically soft expression. We had a lot of fun with him - he would swim and enjoyed agility. I do think they have changed over the years. Some are now very small and have extremely full coats, which must hamper them. Personally I liked the "old fashioned" type better. Sometimes their heads don't seem right when the ears are not placed right - the ears can give them a different sort of expression from how they should be and if the eyes are round this also makes a difference to the way they look.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  5. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    tbo many years ago the shelties were bordering on small roughs, nowadays they seem to be more of the correct size thankfully. eyes are not as round now, and ears are certainly better placed.;-)